yconic - Is Saugeen campus at UWO a party campus?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Is Saugeen campus at UWO a party campus?

A photo of dfrance55 dfrance55
I am going to UWO next year and I would like to go to Saugeen campus. But I heard that it's non-stop partying, which might turn me off of living there. What is the best campus to live on at UWO? I like to party sometimes, but only when I can manage my school as well.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of cosstickxx cosstickxx
depends on the year and who's living in it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cmcneil92 cmcneil92
first of all, it's a rez, not a campus... and yes, it's hard core partying. It alone turned me off even going to Western. It's disgusting.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of 123abcuwo 123abcuwo
Someone already said this, but Saugeen is a residence, not a campus.
About 1/3 of first-year students end up in Saugeen. With more students in a building (compared to other rez), naturally there are more parties.
However, it's not to say that people don't study, or they party 24/7. That's not the case. I have friends that lived in Saugeen in 1st year and still did very well academic wise. Honestly, everyone I know who lived in Saugeen in 1st year weren't looking forward to it when they 1st found out...but ask them at the end of their first year & they'll all tell you they had the most amazing experience at Saugeen and wouldn't trade it for any other rez.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted