yconic - Is there a common meeting place between York and Ryerson?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Is there a common meeting place between York and Ryerson?

A photo of brady23 brady23
A lot of my friends are going to Ryerson, and I wanted to know if there was like a common area that is close to both universities where it is easy to keep in touch with one another.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of ktel ktel
York and Ryerson are not close at all. Check out a map.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ktel wrote
York and Ryerson are not close at all. Check out a map.

I know they are not close, but I was just wondering if there were any restaurants in between York and Ryerson that could be a common place to meet up sometimes.

And you don't need to tell me to check out a map, there you go again with that condescending attitude of yours.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
I knew you would immediately think my tone was condescending simply because my sentences were short and to the point. Do you live in Toronto? I go to U of T, and my department is near York, and I have to go downtown sometimes to main campus. They're about an hour apart via transit, probably 30-40 minutes driving. There are so many restaurants, malls and bars in between York and Ryerson because they are so far apart. I can also guarantee that your friends aren't going to want to venture too close to York unless they live up there as it is a long way North. They will probably want you to come to them.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ktel wrote
I knew you would immediately think my tone was condescending simply because my sentences were short and to the point. Do you live in Toronto? I go to U of T, and my department is near York, and I have to go downtown sometimes to main campus. They're about an hour apart via transit, probably 30-40 minutes driving. There are so many restaurants, malls and bars in between York and Ryerson because they are so far apart. I can also guarantee that your friends aren't going to want to venture too close to York unless they live up there as it is a long way North. They will probably want you to come to them.

I didn't think you were condescending because your sentences were short, I thought you were condescending because you said check a map. But your new response was very helpful, thank you :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
Check a map is practical advice. If you aren't from Toronto I would suggest you trip plan how to get from York to Ryerson so you can get a good idea of how long it would take. Maps can be deceiving. I almost stayed in a hotel 45 minutes away from the strip in Vegas because my coach thought it looked close on a map.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ktel wrote
Check a map is practical advice. If you aren't from Toronto I would suggest you trip plan how to get from York to Ryerson so you can get a good idea of how long it would take. Maps can be deceiving. I almost stayed in a hotel 45 minutes away from the strip in Vegas because my coach thought it looked close on a map.

Okay, I am sorry. I misinterpreted your message. Thank you for your help! I guess the only common spot is a type of restaurant or something. I wish Ryerson and York were as close as Laurier and Waterloo -_-
Was this helpful? Yes 0