yconic - Is there a way to restart university?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Is there a way to restart university?

A photo of cyfa cyfa
Hey,

So was wondering, is there anyway for your first year to not count.

I landed academic probation and lost 2.5/5 credits because im a screw up

I'm 20 going into my second year of uwo so was wondering what i should do to get back up?

Thanks@
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of kraken kraken
If you have a legit reason for screwing up (mental health, death in the family etc.) you may be able to petition to have some of those credits removed, or at least count as a late withdrawal or something.

If not, well, just get up and try again. Your cGPA won't be the best but oh well.

Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyfa cyfa

@kraken wrote
If you have a legit reason for screwing up (mental health, death in the family etc.) you may be able to petition to have some of those credits removed, or at least count as a late withdrawal or something.

If not, well, just get up and try again. Your cGPA won't be the best but oh well.

Good luck!

Do you know if transferring universities will do anything?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
Unfortunately there is no way that I know of to restart. Unless you can get it removed from your transcript somehow, there's no ignoring that you've already completed a year. Transferring could be difficult, as it is typically competitive based on your university GPA and maybe high school courses depending on when you transfer.

You could try to move to a completely different program and then it might not look so bad (if you do well that is)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyfa cyfa

@ktel wrote
Unfortunately there is no way that I know of to restart. Unless you can get it removed from your transcript somehow, there's no ignoring that you've already completed a year. Transferring could be difficult, as it is typically competitive based on your university GPA and maybe high school courses depending on when you transfer.

You could try to move to a completely different program and then it might not look so bad (if you do well that is)

Well I had some problems that i can probably get documentation for which would help me.

As well, since ive delt with that issue i will most likely be doing much better in second year.

Assuming I do, would i be denied a transfer because of my first year?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
Getting documentation definitely would help me.

Why are you wanting to transfer? Why not just try to do better where you are? I can't tell you whether you would be successful in your transfer application because it's a lot different than normal admission and is treated on a case-by-case basis usually.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken
As said above, if you transfer they'll still see your university courses/GPA... unless you get the stuff removed from your transcript first. But yeah, try for documentation and then go for petitions (assuming this works the same at western as at u of t)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of vel vel
Probably not sadly as far as I understand unless you've withdrawn from the semester I believe.

Just buck up and nail the next semester at the same school, and if you still feel the same way, transfer out of the program or the university.

Good luck
Was this helpful? Yes 0