yconic - Is there anything i can do?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Is there anything i can do?

A photo of gargamel gargamel
Today we got back our course updates and the mark that will be on our midterm for my exercise science class. On the first unit test my mark overall was a 91 y second unit test was a 90, my first assignment was a 90 and my last assignment i received a 100 for Inquiry, 80 for application and 70 for communication. The problem is that because the majority of the class did extremely poor on the first two tests, so the teacher decided to weigh the communication mark (70) 18% of the total mark.

The person i was paired with for this presentation wasn't in class for two weeks did not contact me about the project, didn't even know when it was due, so i did half of it , waited for him and realized he wasn't going to contribute, and when the day finally came we presented the project and the mark was not individual, so for his lack of knowledge we received a 70%, this put my mark at 86%, and i put in a lot of work into that class to get a 90, but this is really stressing me out, my goal was a 90+ in every class but this just really put me off

Is there anything i can do or ask to get a different mark? like explain that 100% of the project was done by me, or ask to do another communication presentation to update the mark?

Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Seriously relax. In university getting over a 80, is a huge accomplishment.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cherrypie725 cherrypie725
You should have spoken to the teacher before the presentation. But yeah, I think you should definitely ask if there's anything you can do to upgrade the mark.
Was this helpful? Yes 0