yconic - Is there hope for me?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Is there hope for me?

A photo of Cr?meGlac Cr?meGlac
Was this helpful? Yes 0
15 replies

A photo of Ba Ba Blue Ba Ba Blue
You look like you'll be fine. Don't worry too much.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Are you serious? You're worried? Calm down you'll get accepted.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of taklugunda taklugunda
Don't panic!! be calm and beleive in yourself.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Fawlkes Fawlkes
Hey, I'm in that program at the moment. I know it is really difficult, but try not to freak out too much (though I completely was at this time last year). You are definetly a strong candidate, but remember, as much can depend on how you write your PSE as the things that you have done. One of my profs is a PSE reader, and informed us at the start of the year that we were all chosen, not because of our outstanding grades, or our stellar involvement, because all candidates had that, but because of our passion for the things we do and our fit with the Faculty of Education's vision for the program. So if you are passionate, and have put everything into your application that you can (as you obviously have), the only thing left to do is keep those grades as high as possible (easier said than done in IB) and stay excellent. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cliffhanger33 cliffhanger33
Before Feb. 15 is for early consideration, you can apply later but you will get decision in mid-May
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jack555 Jack555
Ok If I were you I would do it ASAP, before Feb 15.

Because if you do it before feb 15, they will be considering you when all the spots are open.

if you hand it in after feb 15 and they have already given out early acceptances, then there are less spots when they are considering your app so more competition.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Ok If I were you I would do it ASAP, before Feb 15.

Because if you do it before feb 15, they will be considering you when all the spots are open.

if you hand it in after feb 15 and they have already given out early acceptances, then there are less spots when they are considering your app so more competition.

And with your marks and ECs theres a pretty good chance you will get early consideration.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

Was this helpful? Yes 0

ok well to answer ur question in OP about which ones to put for extracurricular...put everything you've ever breathed.

like..
- French Explore program (it was only 5 weeks, does it count?)

on my supp info last year i put a volunteer thing that only lasted 2 days =D
A lot of unis want to see VARIETY
so yes. def put it. and yes to everything else too.

Also regarding the end dates...for mine last year i wrote 'from: xxxxx to: Present' if it was ongoing.

And as for the pianos.....................i dont know.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Was this helpful? Yes 0

Oh yeah my bad...forgot queens restricted extra curriculars.

I applied there too last year, i was restricted to 5 as well.

Here is my humble opinion of which ones you should take out:

-tutoring (is representative of academics which is redundant given your transcript of highschool marks)

- 'canvassing for an organization' and on a 'youth organization committee' are too similar, redundant to include both. the admission officer might even mistake them for the same organization! pick one. I would pick whichever displayed more leadership.

That is just my opinion tho =)

You should get some other opinions or even call them and ask what type of extracurriculars they are looking for. And as for the date...call and ask. Altho the only thing that would seem logical to me is to put the end date as the current date of you writing the PSE if the activity is ongoing.

Also....I have never seen anyone with an average as high as yours get rejected from their first choice, if that will ease your mind a bit.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Fawlkes Fawlkes
So for some good news, yes, most residences have pianos in them.

More good news, no submitting your PSE by Feb 15th won't make a difference as Queen's doesn't do early addmissions for Con-Ed.

As for what extra curriculars to include, my advice would be to include the ones that you care for and enjoy most.

You are a strong applicant, but unfortunatly you likely won't hear back from Queen's until April at the earliest. It's just the way Queen's is.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jason41188 jason41188
hello , creme , i have read out your post and dont worry about any thing , all will be fine , you are not in any condition so that you have to worry , so just chill ok , all will be well ,
check this Debra Fine

Thank you
Was this helpful? Yes 0