yconic - Is this a bad choice? G11 Accounting Summer School, and then G12 Accounting in the school year.
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Is this a bad choice? G11 Accounting Summer School, and then G12 Accounting in the school year.

A photo of denden denden
Hi! I'm a sophomore and will become an 11th grader this September.
I want to take accounting some time in high school and finish both courses fast.
If any of you have done Grade 11 Accounting (BAF3M1) in the summer, can you tell me how it was?
I want to summer school it and then take Grade 12 Accounting (BAT4M1) during my 11th grade year. Do you think this is a bad choice?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of sepriv sepriv
I took grade 11 accounting. It was great. Really easy course with very little work, in my opinion. Most of my friends felt the same. My accounting teacher said grade 12 accounting is largely the same, with a few key differences. I don't think you should take it in summer school. You'll want it during the school year to break up the day. Unless you desperately want to take so many courses you need to summer school something, keep it in day school. And it isn't really a bad course, it's especially good if you want to get into business. My teacher's daughter is in university studying business administration or something along those lines, and had to take an accounting course this year (her first year), and she said she was glad to have taken high school accounting, since they cover all of the high school curriculum in a matter of weeks, and since some people can't catch on to all of that in two weeks, their grade really suffers later on. I don't know for sure though, since that's just hearsay. I'd say at least take the grade 11, though. Try to make it in day school. You'll need to know how to do books at some point in your life, anyway.

Hope I could help.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of denden denden

@sepriv wrote
I took grade 11 accounting. It was great. Really easy course with very little work, in my opinion. Most of my friends felt the same. My accounting teacher said grade 12 accounting is largely the same, with a few key differences. I don't think you should take it in summer school. You'll want it during the school year to break up the day. Unless you desperately want to take so many courses you need to summer school something, keep it in day school. And it isn't really a bad course, it's especially good if you want to get into business. My teacher's daughter is in university studying business administration or something along those lines, and had to take an accounting course this year (her first year), and she said she was glad to have taken high school accounting, since they cover all of the high school curriculum in a matter of weeks, and since some people can't catch on to all of that in two weeks, their grade really suffers later on. I don't know for sure though, since that's just hearsay. I'd say at least take the grade 11, though. Try to make it in day school. You'll need to know how to do books at some point in your life, anyway.

Hope I could help.

Thanks for the reply! And sorry for replying late to your reply. ^^;

I might go into a mathematics or actuarial science program so I think I should take accounting at least once in my life. I just want the two courses.
And quoting your last sentence, you DON'T do books in summer school? Is that what you're implying?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sepriv sepriv

I might go into a mathematics or actuarial science program so I think I should take accounting at least once in my life. I just want the two courses.
And quoting your last sentence, you DON'T do books in summer school? Is that what you're implying?

Haha, sorry. I didn't mean to imply anything. I just mean you'll most likely have to know some basic bookkeeping skills at some point in your life. I don't know what they'd do in summer school. Honestly, I didn't know accounting was offered in summer school, since it isn't where I live. I'd still recommend trying to keep it in day school, unless you really, really want to do it during the summer. Where I live, a lot of people do grade 11 and 12 accounting back to back semesters in their grade 12 year since it isn't offered in the summer.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of denden denden

@sepriv wrote

Haha, sorry. I didn't mean to imply anything. I just mean you'll most likely have to know some basic bookkeeping skills at some point in your life. I don't know what they'd do in summer school. Honestly, I didn't know accounting was offered in summer school, since it isn't where I live. I'd still recommend trying to keep it in day school, unless you really, really want to do it during the summer. Where I live, a lot of people do grade 11 and 12 accounting back to back semesters in their grade 12 year since it isn't offered in the summer.

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, I have accounting for summer school here. I go to non-semestered so I can't do one in the 1st sem and then grade 12 in the 2nd.
Was this helpful? Yes 0