yconic - Is this fair?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Is this fair?

A photo of BusinessStudent BusinessStudent
If they cheat, they're not smart, are they?

I don't know how they could lie about ECs because you need references for those.

Anyways, that's life. The ethical route is not always the best route.

Was this helpful? Yes 0
19 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
If they cheat, they're not smart, are they?

I don't know how they could lie about ECs because you need references for those.

Anyways, that's life. The ethical route is not always the best route.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of apark17 apark17
this is life buddy and it will always be.

But this is true, it happens everywhere in life not only your school or any school
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of andrewk512 andrewk512
Another one of these threads...?
Man up, fight harder, find your own path, ignore them, etc. etc. etc.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SUMmer123456 SUMmer123456
Some people are just more naturally gifted than others. On the plus side, a lot of super smart people end up failing because they are just that; too smart for their own good.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Emaad13 Emaad13
if there are people who cheat and float their way through high school with 90's, I can assure you that they will do terribly in University (unless they're gifted). The hard workers who get 80's tend to get the A's in University. If you're a hard worker, don't worry...justice is eventually served (in this case)!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Not to mention the fact that they will most likely get expelled when they attempt to "cheat and float" their way through university.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mutuba mutuba
5+ hours of hw each night in high school? You're doing something wrong.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@mutuba wrote
5+ hours of hw each night in high school? You're doing something wrong.

Not if you're in IB or similar enriched programs.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
Life's unfair.
But it goes on.
Hard work pays off.
When you get to university, they'll be the ones studying for 5 hours a night since they didn't develop the work habits that you did back in high school.
That's when you can laugh at them and be like, "I TOLD YOU SO!"
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@cyynthiia wrote
Life's unfair.
But it goes on.
Hard work pays off.
When you get to university, they'll be the ones studying for 5 hours a night since they didn't develop the work habits that you did back in high school.
That's when you can laugh at them and be like, "I TOLD YOU SO!"

Hey!!! That's mean :(.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

^
How's that mean?
What are you talkinggggg about..
It's true.. hard work DOES pay off in the end!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@cyynthiia wrote
^
How's that mean?
What are you talkinggggg about..
It's true.. hard work DOES pay off in the end!

The "I TOLD YOU SO" part. It's bad enough that they failed; if and when that scenario happens :(.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

^
Well you don't have to word it like that EXACTLY.
What I wrote is just an example.
You can just laugh it off and say it in your head..
Or tell em, "Better luck next time."
My example was for those people out there who are very bitter about subjects like this.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@cyynthiia wrote
^
Well you don't have to word it like that EXACTLY.
What I wrote is just an example.
You can just laugh it off and say it in your head..
Or tell em, "Better luck next time."
My example was for those people out there who are very bitter about subjects like this.

I was only joking lol. No need to take it so seriously (the lack of connotations is what I hate about online media). Ultimately, your talents are what you have. Unless you use them to constructive ends, you'll be unsuccessful regardless of how gifted you are. There are countless examples of people who have shown the truth behind this view.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aimango aimango
It's just too bad then. There are tons of people in the workplace that also lie and cheat their way up to higher status and promotions. They get lucky and don't get caught. You just have to deal with those kinds of people in our society.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@aimango wrote
It's just too bad then. There are tons of people in the workplace that also lie and cheat their way up to higher status and promotions. They get lucky and don't get caught. You just have to deal with those kinds of people in our society.

If it's any consolation, people like that usually have no real friends and end up feeling horrible at the end of the day.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cosstickxx cosstickxx

@BusinessStudent wrote
This is in my school, There are some naturally smart people who NEVER do work and still manage to get high 90s somehow, especially in math courses. and yet there are these extremely hard working people who do 5+ hours of homework each night and get 10+% below that.

This is just so unfair. the hardworking people (AT MY SCHOOL) are ethical, never cheat, helpful, geniunly nice people who try their hardest. but the smart people cheat, skip classes, and still do well somehow and get it their first choices. they also lie about extra-curricular activities to get scholarships/acceptances

this is just completely unfair. do you know ppl like this in your school or is it just in my school?

Um that's just the luck of the draw. It's like that at every school and it's never going to change.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jessicadonnan jessicadonnan
they will be working for you someday
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Yaroslav64 Yaroslav64

@Emaad13 wrote
if there are people who cheat and float their way through high school with 90's, I can assure you that they will do terribly in University (unless they're gifted). The hard workers who get 80's tend to get the A's in University. If you're a hard worker, don't worry...justice is eventually served (in this case)!

If this is true then I'm fuc-ked I get mid-80s and dont do any work, that said I do pay attention in class i just dont really take notes or study. Also I do not cheat. My logic is I always come through, as in I only slack when I can when crap needs to get done, I do it. I'm expecting to have to try my ass off in first year engineering.
Was this helpful? Yes 0