yconic - Is Trinity really all that?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Is Trinity really all that?

A photo of heesoup heesoup
For U of T, I ranked Vic as my 1st choice.
Every soul I asked picked Trin. They are now teasing me and making me feel like I am an underachiever for not applying to Trin. But I am going to stick with Vic. Is Trinity really all that is my question.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
40 replies

This post was deleted

A photo of Zion Zion
lol wassup Heeseo
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ederoo ederoo
Trin IS really all that. Have fun being #2.

lol I kid. Vic is fine. Just try not to be too jealous in sept.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of clairec21 clairec21
I too applied to Vic. I privately toured both Trin and Vic and I'm glad of my choice.
Trinity just seemed kinda, no offence here,.....weird to me. I was told that 2/3 of Trin grads marry other Trin grads. This is called "trincest," which kinda creeps me out. Also the whole robes thing kinda put me off. It seemed like they were trying to be like Oxford . This and other formalities and traditions make it seem kinda snobby/pretentious to me. But again, no offence intended. I know many people who really love Trin.

Vic seemed like a more relaxed place to me. Everyone I talked to was pretty chill. I'm really happy with my choice.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken
Trinity is all that. But Vic is next best so it's all good.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Reality Reality
Ovverrated.

Although I would like to have one of those Harry Potter-esque robes for myself.
Haven't seen anyone wear them ever though (except in photos lol).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of clairec21 clairec21
Well one good thing I was told is that Trin has a bunch of kegs on residence.
But I wasn't sure if that was true.
But I was told everyone in Vic has a bong. :colors:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken
Reality: you obviously haven't spent much time at Trin then!
(they're like $100 though, suckage. but you can always just rent one for free when you need one, if you don't want to buy it)

claire: Trinity is the only college with a liquor license, woohoo. and we have keggers yes, and various other parties (not all of which are legal, and kegs get confiscated sometimes... but whatever)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Reality Reality

@kraken wrote
Reality: you obviously haven't spent much time at Trin then!
(they're like $100 though, suckage. but you can always just rent one for free when you need one, if you don't want to buy it)

claire: Trinity is the only college with a liquor license, woohoo. and we have keggers yes, and various other parties (not all of which are legal, and kegs get confiscated sometimes... but whatever)

I don't even belong in a college so HAHA. Artsci can go suck it.

I know what I'm getting this Christmas then... too bad I didn't wish for it earlier.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion

@clairec21 wrote
This is called "trincest,"

My favorite flavor.

But going by stereotypes, I'd rather be around hipsters than snobs.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ederoo ederoo
The rate of trincest is more like 1/3, not 2/3. I'm not sure how factual that statistic actually is...

Anyway, no other college has CLOSE to the amount of free alcohol that Trin does. Then again, no other college is allowed to serve alcohol on a regular basis.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken
don't worry Zion, there's a fair amount of hipsterdom at Trin. and lots of snobs other places, though not necessarily Vic. and yeah, dubious trincest stats are dubious.

Reality: I'm an artsci, I'm an artsci, I'm an artsci drinking beer, and I'd rather be an artsci than a f*cking engineer!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
What the hell is Trinity?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of theboydetective theboydetective
I'm putting University College as my first choice... herp derp(?)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
I switched back to Trin because I want a single. :bball:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken
oh god Trin is going to be SA central.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of leviaidan leviaidan

@kraken wrote
don't worry Zion, there's a fair amount of hipsterdom at Trin. and lots of snobs other places, though not necessarily Vic. and yeah, dubious trincest stats are dubious.

Reality: I'm an artsci, I'm an artsci, I'm an artsci drinking beer, and I'd rather be an artsci than a f*cking engineer!

What's wrong with engineers?!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken
they're sketchy. and they smell funny. :P
just faculty rivalries lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of theboydetective theboydetective
Just sent in my application with Victoria as my first choice. :geek: Aimin' high.
This is probably a dumb question, but does applying to a more "prestigious" college (with higher admission averages) hurt your chances of getting into U of T if it's your chances are up in the air? Like, if Vic rejects me, that's not necessarily a total rejection from U of T, but more likely just means placement in a different college (assuming my chances look better when not considering my first-choice college)?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of deathangel deathangel
No offense, but the beer in Trin tasted like sh!t. Definitely, one of the worst beer I have ever had in my life. I wonder where they get their liquor.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Qq Qq

@deathangel wrote
No offense, but the beer in Trin tasted like sh!t. Definitely, one of the worst beer I have ever had in my life. I wonder where they get their liquor.

When you're drunk the taste of alcohol isn't really an issue
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken
Yeah that halloween party beer was... sketch. Not always like that though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of kraken kraken
I haven't heard anyone at Trin talk about WoW/COD/SC2; then again, I don't tend to talk to the fobs a lot. They keep to themselves.

Common topics of discussion among my Trin friends include: zombies, pokemon, and which U of T college corresponds to which Hogwarts house :erm:
Was this helpful? Yes 0