yconic - Is U of Guelph a good university?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Is U of Guelph a good university?

A photo of safarhealthsci1 safarhealthsci1
I applied for Biomed there, I heard they have new labs and such. Is guelph a good place to get educated compared to like york, mac westrn etc?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

This post was deleted

A photo of leviaidan leviaidan
I heard it's more science-oriented.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ffcelik ffcelik
They came to visit our high school. I was going to apply there but I didn't for some reason. They have been apparently having the best meals for like 9 years or whatever.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
They are an excellent university. A little underrated. They are more agricultural and vet oriented, but they are also good for all sciences.

Plus, they have good food. :cheese:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
Guelph supposedly has the best campus food. There are lots of aggies there who walk around with cowboy hats, apparently haha. Hopefully I'll be there next year for vet school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@inthemaking wrote
Guelph supposedly has the best campus food. There are lots of aggies there who walk around with cowboy hats, apparently haha. Hopefully I'll be there next year for vet school.

Cowboy hats aren't that common in the area.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KClendenning KClendenning
Guelph is an excellent university, and does focus a lot on the biology end of science, which would be good for the program you want. It's a beautiful campus, apparently good food, and I haven't heard many bad things about it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JOLEECHAN JOLEECHAN
Well, I applied for Food Science at Guelph, so I think it's a pretty good choice. I went on a campus there in November and it's pretty nice. Lots of trees, new labs, spacious lecture halls. The dorms are pretty homey too and the food is pretty good. There's a variety of activities that you can join there and the atmosphere's real friendly. So I say, go visit and see how you like it, it's different for everyone, right? My parents don't think it's good enough, but they're biased and just want me to go to UofT haha. But hey, I wouldn't mind going to Guelph. I'll just warn you that it usually smells like manure in that area!
Was this helpful? Yes 1

A photo of PSquared PSquared
It does NOT smell like manure, nowhere near the univeresity, you may smell it near the farms and stuff, but ive spent my first year here and havnt smelt it once.
Was this helpful? Yes 0