yconic - Is University of Toronto St. George Campus really that hard?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Is University of Toronto St. George Campus really that hard?

A photo of xoblackout xoblackout
People say it is...but only people online.

I have friends that know people who goes to UofT and say they're getting the same grades. One of my close friend's brother goes to UofT for engineering and he's getting the same grades he got in high school (which is extremely high). My other friend's friend goes to UofT for life sciences and got 80's in high school, and she is getting 80's in UofT.

But then I read online posts about "not going to UofT" because it's extremely hard because of the bell curves and etc; and that scares me because I'm not that much of a strong student. I'm scared to go there because of what people say.

The school we come from is a "legit" school that is known for working pretty hard; the teachers here aren't bs.

I'm not going into anything that hard; I've always had a passion for arts. I did well in science but that's just not the route for me. I'm CERTAIN I want to go to graduate school - 100% sure. My current average is 93%. I know I need a high GPA to get into grad school and I want to know if UofT is really that hard to get good grades in.

ON top of that, my friend said admission people DO look at your undergraduate school that you went to for consideration. She actually talked to one of the admissions people and he told her that they're not supposed to tell anyone, but they actually look at the school and take it into consideration (York students don't get into graduate schools often).

So, is UofT really worth it? Is it really that hard? :bounce:
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of ktel ktel
There are literally hundreds of threads about this on this forum. Try searching for them.

There are lots of people at U of T with good grades. Lots with bad grades. Same as EVERY OTHER UNIVERSITY.

What your friend said is only partially true. A 4.0 York student WILL get into grad school, simple as that. U of T does have a better name though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Yea its hard
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of xoblackout xoblackout

@ktel wrote
There are literally hundreds of threads about this on this forum. Try searching for them.

There are lots of people at U of T with good grades. Lots with bad grades. Same as EVERY OTHER UNIVERSITY.

What your friend said is only partially true. A 4.0 York student WILL get into grad school, simple as that. U of T does have a better name though.

Thanks. Guess i have to think about it. =/
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of UofTStudent UofTStudent
I am in my third year doing a Bachelor of Arts at U of T and I have found that, though my classes challenge me, they are not by any means impossible to do well in. I would certainly say that the challenge is worth it and I don't at all regret my decision to go here. My professors and TA's have pushed me to think more critically and improve my writing, and though this can be frustrating at times, I have found numerous resources to be available to me that have helped greatly with this transition. Work hard, seek help when you feel that you need it, and don't get discouraged when things get a little tough, because when you get through these times (and you will), the reward will be that much better because it was a challenge. Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0