yconic - Is UofT really a bad place to go for undergraduates if you wanna enter med school?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Is UofT really a bad place to go for undergraduates if you wanna enter med school?

A photo of bimbim1230 bimbim1230
I've been hearing from countless people that UofT is a really competitive place and it's really hard to do well in it, however UofT's been my dream for so long and I really don't wanna give it up... meanwhile, I got accepted from UBC a long time ago and I know that it's a great school for sciences too. My parents REALLY want me to go there and my teachers advise me so too. They say that UBC isn't as hard on grades as UofT and its undergraduate sciences is somewhat better for me.

Can everyone please give me some tips on how things REALLY work? Is UofT and UBC really as what people around me told me about? Thanks a lot.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of marky marky
bump

I also have the same question
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jessiexo jessiexo

@bimbim1230 wrote
I've been hearing from countless people that UofT is a really competitive place and it's really hard to do well in it, however UofT's been my dream for so long and I really don't wanna give it up... meanwhile, I got accepted from UBC a long time ago and I know that it's a great school for sciences too. My parents REALLY want me to go there and my teachers advise me so too. They say that UBC isn't as hard on grades as UofT and its undergraduate sciences is somewhat better for me.

Can everyone please give me some tips on how things REALLY work? Is UofT and UBC really as what people around me told me about? Thanks a lot.

Partly true, partly false I'd say. I know people at U of T with 4.0 GPAs. Mind you, they're very intelligent people but it proves that it is not impossible.

The thing with U of T is that they accept many people with pretty low averages (low 80s) due to the size of their program but the difficulty of the program is more on par with 90+ kids. Therefore, when bell curved, those who aren't really meant for the program get curved pretty far down. If you're a strong student, you should be fine.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dominator dominator
If you're a strong student, you'll do great. If not, then good luck in uni in general :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0