yconic - Is uOttawa really all that?!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Is uOttawa really all that?!

A photo of GAC2015 GAC2015
''This university does not believe in free speach, it is run by communists.''

''Ottawa: city of inefficiency. State intervention from left to right. The same goes for U of O...The school doesn't do a good job in fostering academic talent for their students. Once you're in, you can't get out (i.e. job market). You're stuck unless you get a CO-OP related job (i.e. Government).''

''..They left out the part about systematic racism that has plagued the whole institution. They also left out the part about the "president" of the institution that acts more like a rabid dog than the president of a university...''

''I curse the day i chose this university( uOttawa ) and so will you.''

All the aforementioned comments are about uOttawa. What do you think? Are the comments justified?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
12 replies

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
See, when I read comments about how good or bad something is, I'm looking at only the comments that show some degree of critical thinking. All of those comments seem like they were made by people who, for some reason, hate U of O and simply wanted to add their two cents. Not one of them even goes as far as to explain his or her reason for holding such an opinion.
Was this helpful? Yes 1

A photo of clairec21 clairec21
Not everyone is going to love their university. Some people are going to be unhappy and that's normal. Those comments would only concern me if a lot of people were saying the same thing.
Was this helpful? Yes 1

This post was deleted

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I don't really care about those comments since there isn't proof anyways and the person didn't explain things either. I'll be going to UOttawa no matter what, someone's opinion can't change my mind.
Was this helpful? Yes 1

A photo of Zion Zion
Based on quantitative data, U of O has one of the lowest student satisfaction scores in the country. But I'm sure there are lots of people who go there and love it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup
I heard that Carleton is better, just sayin' ;)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Keja Keja
How would uOttawa compare to Carleton?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of theboydetective theboydetective
A school run by communists would be my first choice, though I'm sure they meant "dictators". Can you really trust the opinion of someone who can't distinguish between the two, let alone between "speach" (spicy peach?) and "speech". Also, by "free spe[e]ch" they more likely meant "freedom from writing conventions", and "logically inconsistent writing".
Was this helpful? Yes 1

A photo of Zion Zion

@Keja wrote

Ottawa's larger and usually higher ranked than Carleton (except for a few programs). Personally, I wouldn't want to attend either.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ffcelik ffcelik

@Zion wrote

@Keja wrote

Ottawa's larger and usually higher ranked than Carleton (except for a few programs). Personally, I wouldn't want to attend either.

For reasons of your program choice. I'm personally eager on attending Carleton.

And I think those comments are bs... I mean, my friend goes there and loves it; I can't generalize now and say that everyone loves it. I bet I can find 10 more people that love it. That wouldn't make my proof stronger than OP's. Nor will the comments that OP showed make me believe that the university is bad.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of smarty31 smarty31
OU accepts ppl way too fast, maybe that's why ppl often think its not a very " worthy" school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of susanwu22 susanwu22
I'd say if you're going to go to Ottawa, why not just go to Carleton U? The people seem to generally enjoy going there, and the programs seem okay.
Was this helpful? Yes 0