yconic - Isn't there a huge gap between the work load between grades nine and ten and eleven and twelve
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Isn't there a huge gap between the work load between grades nine and ten and eleven and twelve

A photo of Studentsucess1 Studentsucess1
I'm having difficulty adjusting to grade eleven because I have to work more consistently this year. I used to be able to breeze through the courses with minimal effort and I hardly ever did my homework. But I'm really regretting it this year, I should have woked harder last year to do better this year especially in math and science. Does anyone else feel this way?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
18 replies

A photo of g93 g93
I did the same amount of work for 9, 10 and 11 (pretty much zero), and my grades dropped slightly in Grade 11 (writing the exams while sick didn't help either-DON'T TRY IT).
Just keep working harder.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
Beast title. And what the hell does this have to do with Room & Board?

It's different depending on the province/school/student. For me, grade 11 was the easiest (98% average), grade 10 was the hardest (92% average) and grades 9 and 12 were/are in the middle (94% average).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
Well yeah, but that's the way it's supposed to be. Courses get harder as you move on up. The days where I could just skim notes the night before an exam are long gone.

But weirdly enough, grade 10 was the hardest high school year for me. I hated parabolas, and consequently, grade 10 math.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mgmt mgmt

@inthemaking wrote
Well yeah, but that's the way it's supposed to be. Courses get harder as you move on up. The days where I could just skim notes the night before an exam are long gone.

But weirdly enough, grade 10 was the hardest high school year for me. I hated parabolas, and consequently, grade 10 math.

This.

I felt a huge gap between grade 9 math and grade 10 math. Parabolas ruin lives.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@inthemaking wrote

You're right, now I skim notes the morning of the exam.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@mgmt wrote

@inthemaking wrote

This.

I felt a huge gap between grade 9 math and grade 10 math. Parabolas ruin lives.

Really? I did not notice this much. Grade 10 and 11 was the biggest I'd say.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ilikecheese ilikecheese
I found the gap between grade 10 and grade 11 was the biggest. Grade 10 wasnt all that differnet from grade 9, I'd even say it was easier because i was already use to the workload of highschool, but in grade 9 you had to get use to a new school environment.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Qq Qq
Hell No.

Between grade 8 and 9 sure but 9-12 seems to be the same but it does depend on the courses you take as well.. The hardest thing you'll meet in grade 12 is Functions/Calc imo

Grade 12 to uni could be a hard change for some if they don't fit the working mentality
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion

@Qq wrote

Grade 12 to uni could be a hard change for some if they don't fit the working mentality

I think it's a hard change for everyone.

Unless maybe you go to UOIT for African Studies.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of honeycomb7 honeycomb7
I think grade 10 was the hardest for me too. But by grade 11, it seems you know where you're going and how to work it all out.

The hardest thing regardless is to PRIORITIZE.
I'm still getting there :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Qq Qq

@Zion wrote

@Qq wrote

I think it's a hard change for everyone.

Unless maybe you go to UOIT for African Studies.

I have reason to believe African Studies at UOfT is more challenging than Engineering or Life Sciences at UOIT :compress:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

A photo of shelbyy21 shelbyy21
i never really noticed a difference between the years, the only thing i noticed is as the years went, there were more lectures and bigger projects. i had a REALLY hard year in grade 11 but not because of the work load.. once you get to grade 12 it all seems to get more slack. :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ProteinPowder ProteinPowder
I'm currently in Gr 12 and the only major difference is the frequency of tests. I swear, you finish a test for one course and you get there's another coming up for another course. I go to a non-semester school though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of VegaKrazmych VegaKrazmych
There is a big difference for me between 11 and 12, because I didn't care in the slightest in grade 11. Now that I'm finally putting effort in, it helps a lot.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Cerebrop Cerebrop
I found that my workload in highschool was entirely dependent on the teachers. Some were easier markers, some assigned a lot of daily grind work, some gave better grades to students they liked, etc.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Alikat Alikat
For the most part, I felt that grades 10 and 11 were pretty similar, however english was a different story. We were being taught stuff which we had never been introduced to before, and I got frustrated with that several times. I guess the way I got through it was to go to the teacher and explain why I wasn't doing so well in the class and go in and get extra help...a lot.
Was this helpful? Yes 0