yconic - It's Just not fair?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

It's Just not fair?

A photo of iRamie iRamie
Some teachers are cool and some teachers are just stupid.
I think it's unfair especially in grade 11 and 12 how there can be different teachers for each course. It is a disadvantage because one student might have the "Harder" teacher and one might have an "Easier" teacher.

I had 3 teachers (Got Fired, Replacement, Maternity) in chemistry and i ended up doing poorly..
I had a math teacher where this was her first time teaching a math course....

I ended up doing poorly in both of those courses...

FML :'(
Was this helpful? Yes 0
12 replies

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia

@iRamie wrote
Some teachers are cool and some teachers are just stupid.
I think it's unfair especially in grade 11 and 12 how there can be different teachers for each course. It is a disadvantage because one student might have the "Harder" teacher and one might have an "Easier" teacher.

I had 3 teachers (Got Fired, Replacement, Maternity) in chemistry and i ended up doing poorly..
I had a math teacher where this was her first time teaching a math course....

I ended up doing poorly in both of those courses...

FML :'(

Shouldnt they mark easy then?

And I had the same thing happen for Chem 12.
Except only had 2 teachers.
I actually ended up doing better when my old teacher came back.
Went from a 78 to a mid-A.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
Life's not fair. It's going to be the same in university and it's even more unfair for students trying to get into grad/professional schools. Sometimes you get lucky with profs and sometimes you don't..unfortunately there's not much you can do about it and all you can do is try your best.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DoctorLawyerDentist DoctorLawyerDentist
Blame the teacher, blame the course, blame the system, blame the parents, blame the student. Bla, bla, bla.

It is fair. No experience will be perfect, something will always be at least a little ungood. Everyone gets "bad" teachers or "lolextenuating circumstances" at some point. It's how you deal with it that matters.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx
Yeah, i mean how can you expect to have everything perfect for you all the time? Deal with it, you won't get coddled much after you graduate.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iRamie iRamie

@DoctorLawyerDentist wrote
Blame the teacher, blame the course, blame the system, blame the parents, blame the student. Bla, bla, bla.

It is fair. No experience will be perfect, something will always be at least a little ungood. Everyone gets "bad" teachers or "lolextenuating circumstances" at some point. It's how you deal with it that matters.

Well said Mr. Twain
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Maybe I'm just lucky but I can honestly say I've never had a "bad" teacher in high school, just ones that were better than others.

I find harder teachers are more motivating than easy teachers and they tend to be more passionate about what they're teaching. But if the teacher just plain, cannot teach just remember: the textbook is your friend :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
1. Why is the thread title a question with random caps?

2. Grow up.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup
Life is unfair. I guess we have to deal with it. One can only blame themselves for messing up a course. Like me.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of VegaKrazmych VegaKrazmych
Teach yourself math, then. As long as your teacher can use a marking key correctly, nothing to worry about.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of halestorm29 halestorm29
I can understand what you're saying, mainly for English. The last three years I've had very difficult English teachers, each who wouldn't hand out marks above ninety. Just to give some evidence, when my teacher last year left for pregnancy leave last year, we had a substitute, and I received a 90% on the final exam compared to the 82% on assignments I was given by the pregnant one the entire semester. This year I feel like I finally have a fair teacher!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of BillieJackson BillieJackson

@halestorm29 wrote
I can understand what you're saying, mainly for English. The last three years I've had very difficult English teachers, each who wouldn't hand out marks above ninety. Just to give some evidence, when my teacher last year left for pregnancy leave last year, we had a substitute, and I received a 90% on the final exam compared to the 82% on assignments I was given by the pregnant one the entire semester. This year I feel like I finally have a fair teacher!

Same boat! These are my english marks over the years

Grade 9 - 78%
Grade 10 - 67%
Grade 11 - 87% (Summer School)
Grade 12 - 90%

This really shows you that your english mark depends on the teacher you have. There's no way my marks should have fluctuated that much. I worked at the same level every year
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of andrewk512 andrewk512

@BillieJackson wrote

This really shows you that your english mark depends on the teacher you have. There's no way my marks should have fluctuated that much. I worked at the same level every year

I completely disagree. My English marks went like this:
Grade 9: 80%
Grade 10: 82%
Grade 11: 98%
Grade 12: 99%

I had the same exact teacher in grade 10 and grade 12. Instead of complaining about my teachers I actually put in the effort to learn what it takes to do well in English. With the exception of myself, I'm pretty sure no one in my current grade 12 English class is getting above 90%.

I have had a teacher in the past who was rather irrational, and I had to double check the marks on every single one of my assignments and had to chase after him for the correct marks. You can sit there and complain, but if you want a good mark you just have to suck it up and play their game.
Was this helpful? Yes 0