yconic - Ivey 4 years?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Ivey 4 years?

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
If the Ivey HBA was a 4 year program I would have chosen it!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of mauds mauds

@dxb2ont wrote

It definitely would have been more tempting. Although I don't know if I would have chosen it... I guess it depends on how it would have been designed for four years.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of beyondsection17 beyondsection17
What's funny is that I'm pretty sure both Ivey and Queen's offer the same number of business courses - it's just that Queen's increases your number of random electives as you progress with your degree, and Ivey packs them all into your first two years. :)

Also, having just finished first year, I have total respect for Ivey's third year entry, and I would never want to be in classes like Ivey's with first year students. Ever.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mentro mentro

@dxb2ont wrote

The Ivey HBA should never be a 4 year direct program. It's the fundamental distinction of the program that sets it apart from all other Canadian undergrad business schools.

It'll always set the bar because it takes students who've matured and remain eager to learn business after 2 years of university. Quality can't be matched and the concept is proven as used by other second entry programs (law, pharm, dent, etc).

You can disagree but alumni results are the bottom line, not # offers nor # years in study.
I do agree that it's not for everyone especially the risk adverse. However, if you like the safest path, business isn't it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx

@mentro wrote

@dxb2ont wrote

The Ivey HBA should never be a 4 year direct program. It's the fundamental distinction of the program that sets it apart from all other Canadian undergrad business schools.

It'll always set the bar because it takes students who've matured and remain eager to learn business after 2 years of university. Quality can't be matched and the concept is proven as used by other second entry programs (law, pharm, dent, etc).

You can disagree but alumni results are the bottom line, not # offers nor # years in study.
I do agree that it's not for everyone especially the risk adverse. However, if you like the safest path, business isn't it.

+1
Was this helpful? Yes 0