yconic - IVEY AEO - WHAT PROGRAM SHOULD I INITIALLY APPLY TO?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

IVEY AEO - WHAT PROGRAM SHOULD I INITIALLY APPLY TO?

A photo of akshaypatt akshaypatt
Im applying for AEO status at Ivey, and im unsure on which program would be most beneficial to me. I am primarily focused on business, and do not wish to do music or anything in that manner for my first two years at Western. I know the majority of people do the BMOS and I was wondering how much that really helps in third year at Ivey. Help me!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
11 replies

A photo of mundane12321 mundane12321

@akshaypatt wrote
Im applying for AEO status at Ivey, and im unsure on which program would be most beneficial to me. I am primarily focused on business, and do not wish to do music or anything in that manner for my first two years at Western. I know the majority of people do the BMOS and I was wondering how much that really helps in third year at Ivey. Help me!

not bmos. mos ppl seem to suffer heavier course in first year than any other social science ppl.
if anything you can switch to bmos in second year..
i think engineering/aeo and act sci or math/aeo is pretty cool
distinguish yourself from any other ivey ppl with economics or something completely random
Was this helpful? Yes 0

You're allowed to switch to bmos in second year? So should I do economics and then maybe persue the double degree at the end? When looking at the programs available I noticed that there was economics and then financial economics. Do you know the difference and which one would be the most beneficial? Btw is econ somewhat easier than bmos those first two years seeing as I have to maintain an 80% average.

Also on a side note, Im somewhat interested in persuing the CA designation, and the bmos has the option for me to place more interest in accounting. Would this help me at all in achieving my credit hours and such
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DayOnBay DayOnBay
You really don't have to follow the status quo and take BMOS like 99% of the other AEO kids. Take what you're interested in, that's what the 2+2 program is for.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of onlymatthew onlymatthew
The amount of preparation you have for Ivey third year is really dependent on the courses that you take. MOS offers you a lot of electives, so you can effectively decide on how much business knowledge you want to expose yourself to.

I suggest MOS typically, although there seems to be a trend where people in economics are vastly superior and more intelligent than their MOS friends. Economics second year is harder than MOS as you have to take more rigorous courses. Personally, I don't see too much merit in a double degree with economics, but some people do! You could literally take any undergraduate program, but in the event that you don't make it into Ivey, MOS likely gears you towards a career that is most similar to a typical business career.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup
Take anything you want! Although music might be a hassle with the auditioning and what not, but if that's your passion, go for it :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Are people who take economics really that much more superior than their MOS friends? Do you guys know how many people don't maintain the 80% average in econ compared to MOS?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Are people who take economics really that much more superior than their MOS friends? Do you guys know how many people don't maintain the 80% average in econ compared to MOS?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

and how essential is calculus in economics?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Sup, I'm in the same boat.

Have you looked into Financial Modelling (Science) ?

I'm debating between:

Financial Modelling (Science)
MOS (Accounting)
MOS (Finance)

I really wanted to Accounting exp..I don't completely trust the Ivey case study method to teach me all what is necessary in accounting in the last two years. But I dont know.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Keep in mind that the 80% average still has to be maintained.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Keep in mind that the 80% average still has to be maintained.
Was this helpful? Yes 0