yconic - Ivey AEO 1 course help
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Ivey AEO 1 course help

A photo of jackyan22 jackyan22
Hi everyone, I'm currently enrolled in the BMOS-Finance/AEO. I did a bit of research and learned that most first year students take Business 1220E; but is that really necessary? I am currently taking PoliSci instead of Business 1220E, what do you guys think? Three business courses in one year just bore me way to much lol... Also, to those who have taken this course, does the course material overlap with the 2 MOS courses? Thanks for the help.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

This post was deleted

Thanks for the reply. I don't think I was being clear, business 1220 doesn't bore me, it's just that 3 business courses in one year is just too much for me. Especially when I think that course material overlaps, is that true though?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of BigBMan BigBMan
Choosing between Poli Sci and Business 1220? That is a tough one. Those were my two best courses in first year. I liked them both.

Can't you make room for both of them? What else are you taking?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of onlymatthew onlymatthew
Ivey is going to be much more than just three business courses, so you'd better prepare yourself for that. Also, business 1220 is pretty much the only real exposure you'll get to finance (your intended field of study) all of first year and is likely more relevant to your future career path than poli sci. If you're keen on finance and entering Ivey, I'd almost definitely suggest business 1220 > poli sci, although both do have their pros and cons.

Why not take poli sci as your social science as well as business 1220?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mvplayur mvplayur
There are 3.0 required credits for BMOS, so you can fit in both Political Science and Business 1220.

Why don't you?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Thanks for all the reply guys!

@Bigbman I could drop Psychology, but I heard it's pretty fun; plus I like to learn how people think :)
@BusterBaxter Thanks for the advice.
@onlymatthew I could drop Psychology. Could you elaborate on the pros and cons of PoliSci and Business 1220? What you have heard anyways. Thanks!
@mvplayur Again, I chose psychology :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted