yconic - Ivey AEO 2011-2012 FB Group
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Ivey AEO 2011-2012 FB Group

A photo of SKing16 SKing16
Hey Guys,

For all Ivey AEO students going to Western this fall.. it seems we're missing a legit, student-run Ivey AEO 2011-2012 facebook GROUP (not fan page). There's already an Ivey AEO 2011-2012 fan page, but in all honesty a group is much, much more better in building a stronger relationship between us all.

Queen's Commerce has an exceptional Facebook group (100+ members) that I formerly was apart of, and so do even Western programs like Biomed.

Why do I think we need an Ivey AEO group? Well, there's tons of reasons:

A "closed" group is so much better than a public fanpage.. only Ivey students can join the group and write on the wall and post whatever. It really helps in getting everyone to get to know each other better. I'm not trying to be competitive, but Queen's Commerce is the perfect example of why a group is much better than a fan page - heck, they've already planned a QC get together at Mandarin. IVEY NEEDS TO STEP UP THEIR GAME.

A closed group builds a stronger tight-knit community between us, so once move-in day comes, it'll feel much more welcoming and we'll recognize familiar faces. A closed group also allows for a "group chat" which is also great in strengthening the above reason.

That being said, I'll be the first to ask if anyone is planning on making an Ivey AEO 2011-2012 group -- or we can call it Ivey 2015 (the year we graduate) -- that'd be great and really appreciated. Any takers?

Was this helpful? Yes 0
10 replies

A photo of gnazarkin gnazarkin
Would be a good idea to get a group started and I think calling it Ivey AEO 2011-2012 would be a better choice (since we aren't in Ivey yet)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mxfire mxfire
Yup, wonderful idea :) So.. who's starting it? haha
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of joeyzs2 joeyzs2
I like! :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
For the last 3 years or so, the AEOsa Execs have been making solid fb groups. Dunno why this year they haven't done it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of beyondsection17 beyondsection17

@immaculatedx wrote
For the last 3 years or so, the AEOsa Execs have been making solid fb groups. Dunno why this year they haven't done it.

Because aeosa is no longer a club. Now they're re-branded the "pre-business society" and they're less attached to Ivey; instead, they're taking more of a USC-style spin on things.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of BusterBaxter BusterBaxter
I just want to suggest making it an open group for now.. If it's a closed group, you would close it so that only students on the UWO network can join. However, many UWO/Ivey/AEO students haven't actually joined the UWO network or set it as their primary network..

Truthfully, I think the Pre-Business Society should still set it up.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx

@beyondsection17 wrote

@immaculatedx wrote

Because aeosa is no longer a club. Now they're re-branded the "pre-business society" and they're less attached to Ivey; instead, they're taking more of a USC-style spin on things.

Oh, thanks for clearing that up.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup
There is already a group. Isn't there?
http://www.facebook.com/iveyaeo2011
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of BigBMan BigBMan

@BusterBaxter wrote
I just want to suggest making it an open group for now.. If it's a closed group, you would close it so that only students on the UWO network can join. However, many UWO/Ivey/AEO students haven't actually joined the UWO network or set it as their primary network..

Truthfully, I think the Pre-Business Society should still set it up.

The Pre-Business Students' Network will be setting up everything. A Facebook page has been set-up and a very resourceful website is in the works. The PBSN will also be organizing country wide "get-togethers" for incoming AEOs to meet their peers and have all their questions answered by qualified upper-year students.

I would encourage you guys to get to know each other beyond these forums and hold-on tight for everything the PBSN has to offer. I will report back here to everyone once The PBSN is ready to be fully-launched, and until then, feel free to send me a PM regarding what you would like to see from The PBSN for next year!

Was this helpful? Yes 0