My Feed Money for School Explore Academic Subjects Explore Schools Explore Student Life Topics Student Help Brands Winners Support Center
About yconic Partner with Us Contact Us
Uthink Fund Your Future
Terms and Conditions Privacy Policy Copyright
Explore yconic
Explore Student Life topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More

Ivey AEO (HBA) Applicants 2012

A photo of maynards maynards
I suppose we are only a month or two away from when we apply to Universities. <br> <br>Who else is applying? <br> <br>So few things we could start with... <br> <br>- Ivey vs. Other Business Programs (Queens, Schulich, Laurier, etc). <br>- Ranking - Best business school in Canada? Place in top 3? <br>- Options, opportunities and job prospects. <br>- Questions regarding marks, EC&#39;s and application forms. <br>- Scholarships, fees and residence. <br>- 2 + 2 system. <br> <br>It&#39;s that time of the year... discuss!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
142 replies

A photo of sunny1011 sunny1011
yea im applying!!
will be done 6 courses end of january for an avg of 86 to 87
then midterm i hope to bring my avg to 90
ive got 2 great leadership ec's
and one entrepreneurial venture ec
hope its good enough!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Nice same here :)

i got a 90.5 average with 3 courses
head of a club, entrepreneurial venture, and head and host of a coffeehouse at my church

hope i get in
Was this helpful? Yes 0

sounds good and i think youll make first round cuase of your 90.5 as long as you have done one math and english
is your activity report robot sounding? i think mine is and do you think i should do something about that?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

hmm i made mine more like story telling. but now im worried i'm too general about everything :S
but i'm sure they'll enjoy a story rather than a list-kind of approach because they're reading thousands of essays :P

what do you mean by yours is robot sounding?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

oh thats pretty cool
um well i would say something i did with a very professional description of what it entails and how it is beneficial
i wonder if thats okay
and the 500 word limit is killer eh
Was this helpful? Yes 0

yea for sure man, it took me forever trimming down all of them -.-
especially the 250 word response, that's even worse

is ivey ur first pick?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

yea it seems like it right now...if i dont get in then ill go to laurier for 2 years and transfer ahah
btw do you think i should make my activity report less professional because i think they wanna see that im a normal kid not a hardcore professional with no life haha
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Lol yea same, i really like the ivey program :P

hmm well depends how professional it is, i don't know your writing style so i'm not sure but definitely add your own personality into it. give specific examples of struggles/collaboration times. you don't need to report everything you did in a professional manner to impress them ^^

i like to think of it as i'm an author of a short story, and I am the main character im trying to develop and convey to the reader, haha
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of BudsFan94 BudsFan94
IVEY IVEY IVEY IVEY IVEY
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@BudsFan94 wrote
IVEY IVEY IVEY IVEY IVEY

number one choice?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of BudsFan94 BudsFan94

@sunny1011 wrote

@BudsFan94 wrote
IVEY IVEY IVEY IVEY IVEY

number one choice?

Yes sir :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles
Ivey/McGill are my first choices :) But I don't think I'll get accepted to McGill, boooooo
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@iliketurtles wrote
Ivey/McGill are my first choices :) But I don't think I'll get accepted to McGill, boooooo

ahah dont worry just come to ivey;)

any predicting their avg to be in the high 80s?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

one of my references got contacted a couple days ago
isnt it kinda early for one of my references to be contacted?
also i doubt it really means much if they did right?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bcd92 bcd92

@sunny1011 wrote

@iliketurtles wrote

ahah dont worry just come to ivey;)

any predicting their avg to be in the high 80s?

my average for semester one is 89.33%. im repeating advanced functions, so it should be a 90+ (hopefully)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@sunny1011 wrote

Well they've probably started reviewing applications since the deadline a few weeks ago so it's not really early I guess.
And it just means you were at the top of their list :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

one of my activity references just got contacted too! this is a good thing right? I thought they don't usually contact your reference unless they have a hard time deciding between picking one of two people.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@maynards wrote
one of my activity references just got contacted too! this is a good thing right? I thought they don't usually contact your reference unless they have a hard time deciding between picking one of two people.

I think (and hope) they just do it randomly...that makes more sense because someone could lie about being amazing (putting them ahead of everyone else) which means their contact wouldn't get contacted lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

how do you guys think they evaluate special circumstance essays?
apparently its evaluated case by case
and mine was a medical condition that affected my marks
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Windsongs4 Windsongs4

@sunny1011 wrote

FOR IVEY:

sunny101 and maynards - if you dont mind my asking: what letter do your last names start with? because a friend and i also have gotten references contacted, and our last names start with D, and F.. so ijm wondering if its just alphabetical order :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Windsongs4 Windsongs4
1st
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Windsongs4 wrote

@sunny1011 wrote

FOR IVEY:

sunny101 and maynards - if you dont mind my asking: what letter do your last names start with? because a friend and i also have gotten references contacted, and our last names start with D, and F.. so ijm wondering if its just alphabetical order :P

haha i doubt it since my last name starts with an S and my reference was contacted at the beginning of february
also my first activity reference was contacted and this year theyre just sending the whole activity to the reference and asking whether or not the information stated is valid.

i personally think the people with the best applications have their references contacted earlier than the rest but many people would just say no it doesnt mean anything
oh well its nice to get your hopes up :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Windsongs4, my last name starts with a Z, and i got contacted a few days ago. I know for sure my 1st essay got contacted, but i'm not sure about the other 2, i haven't asked my references yet. Did your other 2 essays get reference checks?
Was this helpful? Yes 0