yconic - Ivey AEO Status Chance ?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Ivey AEO Status Chance ?

A photo of tempurabits tempurabits
Current AEO student here. Going into HBA/MIT year 2.

I can only affirmatively say for Ivey AEO and you seem like you're on track. They don't care about grade 11 marks at all.

AEO is MUCH easier to get now since the program expansion.

I cannot say for sure, but I would accept you.

I have friends in the other programs you have listed here are my thoughts:

1. Bmos/Financial Econ + Aeo Status/Ivey : YES
2. Waterloo AFM: Not familiar with it enough
3. UTSC new program coop management and international business : YES
4. Laurier BBA : YES
5. Schulich : Possibly - you're on the line for sure
6. Queens Commerce : NO
7. Rotman : Possibly
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of ModernCreed ModernCreed

I can only affirmatively say for Ivey AEO and you seem like you're on track. They don't care about grade 11 marks at all.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ModernCreed wrote

Thanks for the input (:
But I have a few questions !
What was your average and what kinda ecs did you have when you got accepted?

Did you write the application like a more formal essay?

do you know when the expansion will be done ?

Thanks !
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of onlymatthew onlymatthew
Based on your top 6, you're floating pretty close to 90. I don't recall if Ivey includes both maths in the top 6, but bumping up your advanced function mark will help tremendously.

You'll definitely get into MOS/Economics, but I'd say that your chances to Ivey could definitely be better. Having a 90 average is still okay for acceptance, but you'd have much more security if your marks were just a couple percent higher. Your EC's are a bit above average, but unfortunately, transferring schools works against you.

Your marks and EC's are all in a good range to be accepted into all of those programs, so your acceptance is really dependent on your year's competition and your ability to write your supplementaries. I would say you have the capacity to get into all of those programs, except Schulich. Schulich is a bit more mark-heavy and it seems you're a bit under their ideal average.

I believe the expansion is forecasted to be finished by 2013, but I'm not sure how elastic that deadline is.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@onlymatthew wrote
Based on your top 6, you're floating pretty close to 90. I don't recall if Ivey includes both maths in the top 6, but bumping up your advanced function mark will help tremendously.

You'll definitely get into MOS/Economics, but I'd say that your chances to Ivey could definitely be better. Having a 90 average is still okay for acceptance, but you'd have much more security if your marks were just a couple percent higher. Your EC's are a bit above average, but unfortunately, transferring schools works against you.

Your marks and EC's are all in a good range to be accepted into all of those programs, so your acceptance is really dependent on your year's competition and your ability to write your supplementaries. I would say you have the capacity to get into all of those programs, except Schulich. Schulich is a bit more mark-heavy and it seems you're a bit under their ideal average.

I believe the expansion is forecasted to be finished by 2013, but I'm not sure how elastic that deadline is.

oh i found out ivey only uses english and 5 additional 4U/M co
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@onlymatthew wrote

oh i found out ivey only uses english and 5 additional 4U/M courses in their application ! which is good. And yea my advanced functions mark is higher because I'm doing it in private school at the same time.

I was wondering what was your admission average when you got accepted and what types of ECS did you have ?

How important is the 250 word essay in the application and did they actually contact your references?
Was this helpful? Yes 0