yconic - IVEY applicants read!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

IVEY applicants read!

A photo of Business1234 Business1234
anyone fill out all 20 activities?
is it bad to only have 1 work experience?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
11 replies

A photo of Serendipity Serendipity
Yeah, I filled out 20, left out a few too.

Uh 1 work experience shouldn't count against you, just won't be very strong.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

how about with 92% and 2 entrepreneural experiences, and 20 activities filled out?
are my chances higher now?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of imsyed imsyed
Isnt filling out all the activities like a bit too much ?

And if you dont mind would you share you activities with us ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of goldmansachs goldmansachs
Yeah I feel like 20.. is to dess. I'm filling out 15, excluding one time events. I have 3 work experiences.. but there is a problem.

I have my reference contact for only one of the three (and they know about this)

And for one I got fired, and the other one I just left loll.. :( I think I'm just going to risk it and put their names and numbers and hope they don't call :$
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of applekid applekid

@goldmansachs wrote
Yeah I feel like 20.. is to dess. I'm filling out 15, excluding one time events. I have 3 work experiences.. but there is a problem.

I have my reference contact for only one of the three (and they know about this)

And for one I got fired, and the other one I just left loll.. :( I think I'm just going to risk it and put their names and numbers and hope they don't call :$

I would provide the reference, or leave out the employment all together. Not providing a reference would look worse than them calling and finding out you got fired. Remember they aren't going to call to find out how good of an employee you were, Ivey is only going to call to ensure that the information you provided is true and correct.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

how much are you guys writing for each activity. like 3-6 points around 100 words?

also would u think that 90%+ with 15+ activities, 1 work exp, 2 entr exp, consider in?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

how much are you guys writing for each activity. like 3-6 points around 100 words?

also would u think that 90%+ with 15+ activities, 1 work exp, 2 entr exp, consider in?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@applekid wrote

I would provide the reference, or leave out the employment all together. Not providing a reference would look worse than them calling and finding out you got fired. Remember they aren't going to call to find out how good of an employee you were, Ivey is only going to call to ensure that the information you provided is true and correct.

I meant I'm still going to give the reference, but I'm just going to take the chance and not let the people I ditched or got fired by know that I'm using them as a contact reference. Oh say word? They only check if the info is correct? Where did you hear this?

Hmm, I'm still kinda scared. I'm going to try to call my employers and see if they are willing to comply or else I'm going to have 1 work experience, add activities to 20, and two kickas essays.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Business1234 wrote

That really depends on the activity, like my top ones are like all leadership positions so I added a bit more explanation than like let's say an activity of playing for a Varsity Team.. which doesn't need much explanation.

And yeah man, you'll get in don't worry.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of applekid applekid

@goldmansachs wrote

@applekid wrote

I meant I'm still going to give the reference, but I'm just going to take the chance and not let the people I ditched or got fired by know that I'm using them as a contact reference. Oh say word? They only check if the info is correct? Where did you hear this?

It's not what I heard, it's what I read

Provide a contact name, position, as well as current email address and telephone number for verification of all activities. Email is our preferred method to reach your contacts. Applications lacking contact name and details for verification purposes will not be considered for admission to the HBA Program.

Was this helpful? Yes 0