yconic - Ivey Applicants, were your refrees contacted?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Ivey Applicants, were your refrees contacted?

A photo of EdwardZ EdwardZ
I heard from a lot of applicants that their refrees have been contacted to verify their activities. Mine haven't been contacted, does this mean anything?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of Augustus1 Augustus1
My first referee was contacted around 9 February. All I know is they sent them my whole 500 word essay on the activity and asked them to verify.

I submitted my AEO application on 15 January, by the way, so it wasn't that long before the deadline for me to be part of the "early" submissions. I don't think any of us on the forum really know if the timing of our contacts "means" anything.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of BudsFan94 BudsFan94
Yes, my number one activity reference was contacted. As the Augustus said, they send an email to confirm that what you wrote was legit.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cliffhanger33 cliffhanger33
The Ivey representative on this forum already clearly said there is no correlation between the time your referees were contacted and your status of the application. They will contact all three references for all applicants, so don't worry.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of meganrankin12 meganrankin12
okay..so now I'm really freaking out..
not because I lied about my activities, but I accidently put the wrong first name for one of my references (shes a teacher and I was looking at the wrong name on my schools website)
therefore, her email is also messed up..........am i totally screwed? i did still put the school telephone number though...aghh
Was this helpful? Yes 0