yconic - Ivey hopefuls get in here!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Ivey hopefuls get in here!

A photo of Subtle Subtle
92.17 average, still waiting!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
25 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
91.75 average
OK EC's

Still waiting..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ScaredStudent ScaredStudent
89.83 average waiting, I got an e-mail earlier saying that my extra-curriculars were good so I think theres still hope!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ott93 ott93
93.3 average, good ECs, work experience, good essays, no major awards (just honor roll). I never got that email about the activities either.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of scribbles scribbles
perhaps they send out offers every friday?
they made offers last friday, so try waiting for tmr!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mvplayur mvplayur
Was the application due already? I ask because I had the application OPEN before midnight, April 15th. And I submitted it like just a while ago.

My friends, however, tried accessing it after midnight I believe, but the text boxes did not allow any data input. I'm lucky cause the system allowed me to submit mine, but I think it's JUST because I had it open before midnight. Does anyone know if it was due BY April 15th midnight, or April 16th midnight?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup

@mvplayur wrote
Was the application due already? I ask because I had the application OPEN before midnight, April 15th. And I submitted it like just a while ago.

My friends, however, tried accessing it after midnight I believe, but the text boxes did not allow any data input. I'm lucky cause the system allowed me to submit mine, but I think it's JUST because I had it open before midnight. Does anyone know if it was due BY April 15th midnight, or April 16th midnight?

Which application are you referring to?
And they sent out offers last Friday? Really? I didn't notice on the acceptance thread.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of BusinessStudent BusinessStudent
already accepted. extra curriculars
1) lifeguard taech kids swim
2) president of clubs at my school
3) started my own business and made soem profits
4) sports team: tennis team, swim team, etc
5) business clubs
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jennyau jennyau
still waiting
about 92% average
good ecs
but i wrote the application really bad
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of taiwen taiwen
Accepted :)
Had around 15 different consistent extra curriculars <3 for the past4 years in high school! im a busy girl hahaha!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of onlymatthew onlymatthew
reading this thread hurts my heart
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Sayooos Sayooos
93.8%, decent EC, work experience, BS awards, Decent essays. Still waiting?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of babalonia babalonia
I'm a first year student at Western with AEO status. I want to be a Guru for first years next year so I thought I would start out by posting on SA. Don't worry if you haven't heard back yet, I didn't hear back until mid-late May. I had a 92 average with "amazing" extra curriculars. I was rejected from Queen's...weirdly enough...but got into Schulich IBBA and Rotman. I really wanted to go to Western anyways. Ivey really has the superior program especially if you don't %100 know what you want to do. As an example, I did engineering for my first year planning to do a dual degree with Ivey, but next year I'm switching into psychology with Ivey which is a great combo if you want to go into management. Anyways, good luck to you all!!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of baller7 baller7
Hey everyone! I was wondering if anyone could help me out.

I have received my mind-term marks and was wondering if I have an chance to get into BMOS with AEO status.

My grade 12 courses/marks are:

International Business (M): 97 final
Acctounting (M): 95 Mid-term
Chemistry (U): 90 Mid-term
Leadership (U): 89 Mid-term
Calculus (U): 81 Mid-term
English (U): 80 Final

Overall average: 88.66%

Thanks so much!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of baller7 baller7
Hey everyone! I was wondering if anyone could help me out.

I have received my mind-term marks and was wondering if I have an chance to get into BMOS with AEO status.

My grade 12 courses/marks are:

International Business (M): 97 final
Acctounting (M): 95 Mid-term
Chemistry (U): 90 Mid-term
Leadership (U): 89 Mid-term
Calculus (U): 81 Mid-term
English (U): 80 Final

Overall average: 88.66%

I have excellent ECs (16), I have good work experience, I have nice awards, and I have excellent volunteer hours...

Thanks so much!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of beyondsection17 beyondsection17
Good luck everybody!
I hope to see you all at UWO next year. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of amhsirak amhsirak
91.67 avg, good ecs, essays are mediocre (spelt perseverance incorrectly), and still waiting. I pretty sure I'm not getting in, nbd :scratch:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@amhsirak wrote
91.67 avg, good ecs, essays are mediocre (spelt perseverance incorrectly), and still waiting. I pretty sure I'm not getting in, nbd :scratch:

Do they give you an alternate offer to just BBA if you don't get iBBA? I can't remember.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

When you guys say your average was _____ is this your midterm average? first semester average? midterm + first semester average? Like what does the number that you write down consist of? Also, my first semester average was 89% and my average this midterm is 93.67%. The average of these is 91.3%. Is my 91.3% the "top six" average that the universities look at? or do they look at the midterm and first semester averages separately?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Johnnycanuck,I'm assuming your talking about Schulich :tongue: I haven't ever heard of an alternate offer being sent out, other than to their lower calibre business programs (BAS I think, not sure). I wouldn't bank on it tbqh :bounce:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ktownkid wrote
When you guys say your average was _____ is this your midterm average? first semester average? midterm + first semester average? Like what does the number that you write down consist of? Also, my first semester average was 89% and my average this midterm is 93.67%. The average of these is 91.3%. Is my 91.3% the "top six" average that the universities look at? or do they look at the midterm and first semester averages separately?

Most ppl are referring to their top 6 marks, which consist of both final first semester marks and midterm second semester marks. 91.3 is not your "top 6"; your top 6 marks are those which are your highest, regardless if they are your final or midterm marks. However, you top 6 final average is comprised of only your top 6 FINAL marks, which they universities look at to determine your entrance scholarship, etc etc.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SKing16 SKing16
So is it true you do not need to include Calculus or Advanced Functions in your top 6 average, but just have to complete either one. And what is the maximum number of U/C courses can you have in your top 6?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@SKing16 wrote
So is it true you do not need to include Calculus or Advanced Functions in your top 6 average, but just have to complete either one. And what is the maximum number of U/C courses can you have in your top 6?

Most universities require the prerequisites to be included in your top 6 avg calculation. As for your latter question, I'm not 100% sure about every school, but the programs I've applied to take a maximum of 2.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Slowwy Slowwy

@SKing16 wrote

I'm pretty sure you have to include 1 math in ur top 6. You can either take Data or Advaned Functions I believe
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@amhsirak wrote

@ktownkid wrote

Most ppl are referring to their top 6 marks, which consist of both final first semester marks and midterm second semester marks. 91.3 is not your "top 6"; your top 6 marks are those which are your highest, regardless if they are your final or midterm marks. However, you top 6 final average is comprised of only your top 6 FINAL marks, which they universities look at to determine your entrance scholarship, etc etc.

Thank you for your clarification! But I guess since I only have 6 grade 12 courses, the 91.3% is my top six right?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup

@Slowwy wrote

@SKing16 wrote

I'm pretty sure you have to include 1 math in ur top 6. You can either take Data or Advaned Functions I believe

You only have to take one math. It does not have to be a part of your top 6.
Was this helpful? Yes 0