yconic - Ivey? Hoping to go into Science+Business
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Ivey? Hoping to go into Science+Business

A photo of kh924 kh924
Hi,

I'm a graduating IB Diploma student from BC, and I've applied to Queen's, Sauder's, Ivey AEO and Waterloo. I'm not quite sure of where I'll end up yet, but I know that I'd like to combine my passions for Science and Business, possibly becoming a financial consultant (hopefully in the biotechnological field or pharmaceutical), innovation venture or patent attorney. Now I know that the three careers I've listed are very different, but it's just a guideline of some sorts to provide a direction (as of now).

So far, I'm inclined towards Western Ontario and Ivey, with their Dual-Degree BSc and HBA program that would provide me with (what I think) the best platform for what I want to go into, as I would end up with a degree in Science and in commerce.

However, I'm also wondering about the other schools that I've been accepted, namely Queen's commerce, Sauder's commerce and Waterloo Biotech/econ (I would graduate with only a BSc however). I've heard that Ivey HBA is one of the best for consulting, which seems appealing, but that's just my opinion. I was wondering if anyone can help me with my dilemma, if Ivey would be the better choice, or else I should look somewhere else? Thanks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
0 replies