yconic - Ivey offer but still nothing from BMOS
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Ivey offer but still nothing from BMOS

A photo of amhsirak amhsirak
Ok, so I just got my AEO status today, but on the Western Student Centre portal, I still have no green check-mark (acceptance) into the BMOS program. Anyone in a similar position?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
43 replies

A photo of kinnikinnik kinnikinnik
You will definitely get into BMOS considering Ivey has accepted you, this thread almost has no point whatsoever. I'd say you're a rare occurrence with getting Ivey and no BMOS. You will soon enough.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mxfire mxfire

@amhsirak wrote
Ok, so I just got my AEO status today, but on the Western Student Centre portal, I still have no green check-mark (acceptance) into the BMOS program. Anyone in a similar position?

Yup same here. Just got my Ivey acceptance but I still haven't been accepted to BMOS.. Hopefully it'll be here on the 12th.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I'm sure that I am not the only person in this situation; therefore, this thread in fact does hold some significance. I'm just really surprised :bounce: Thanks for your input. Did anyone else receive their offer today? I'm assuming this is the second round.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@mxfire wrote

@amhsirak wrote

Yup same here. Just got my Ivey acceptance but I still haven't been accepted to BMOS.. Hopefully it'll be here on the 12th.

Congrats bro.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mxfire mxfire

@amhsirak wrote

@mxfire wrote

@amhsirak wrote

Congrats bro.

Thanks, you too :cheers: I'm just really impatient right now haha
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of IanSharer IanSharer
I think what happened is that Western is holding on to the offers until their next round (mid may) but notified Ivey about it so they could offer you admission. I'm in the same boat as well.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

LOL wowza, didn't see this coming. Than quite a few people are in this boat, I don't recall this happening last year from what I remember.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

On another note, I'm thinking of switching into Econ instead of BMOS. Is anyone else considering this? How do I go about this?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@amhsirak wrote
On another note, I'm thinking of switching into Econ instead of BMOS. Is anyone else considering this? How do I go about this?

Since you have already received an offer from Ivey, I don't see why the admissions committee wouldn't let you switch over into Econ. I don't remember how late you can switch on OUAC, but give UWO a call and ask if it can be done and how you can do it, that's the easiest way.

Tel: 519-661-2100

reg-admissions@uwo.ca
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Slowwy Slowwy
mind posting ur avg for those who got in? ..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Slowwy Slowwy
mind posting ur avg for those who got in? ..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of IanSharer IanSharer
93.8%
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Sayooos Sayooos
For those who got in, are your inside tracks still blank?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DaToTochen DaToTochen

@Sayooos wrote
For those who got in, are your inside tracks still blank?

Nope.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

91.7 and yes inside track is updated
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of baller7 baller7
I got my Ivey admission as well. BUT, I got no BMOS offer...BTW, my top 6 mark was only 89% but my Insidetrack was really well written, IMO.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
So people are getting AEO to Ivey even though they haven't been accepted to Western yet!? That really helps my confidence and chances....looks like I'll be going to Laurier then :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of scribbles scribbles

@amhsirak wrote

I switched too! I was accepted into BMOS in February but applied for Econ last minute and got accepted..I think 2 weeks ago? But don't do what I did and reapply to Western :( That was quite a dumb move on my part...someone told me I couldn't switch into econ from BMOS so I should reapply. THAT IS A LIE. Both BMOS and econ are under the faculty of social sciences, so all you have to do is go to Western during the summer and tell a course planner that you want to switch to Econ. They'll do the rest.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles
The same thing happened to my friend last year, and I think around May she called the admissions office because she was curious and it turns out they actually lost/forgot about (I'm not really sure haha) her application and they cleared it up and she got accepted to BMOS like a few days later :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of illusive illusive
I'm in the same boat. I got into Ivey today, but I still haven't been accepted to Biomed. Ahhhhhh. My average was 90% and I had 18 ECs
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Dyztopia Dyztopia
mostly captain related ECs
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of IveyRecruiting2011 IveyRecruiting2011
Hey everybody,

I know this might be confusing a bunch of you. This is a rare occurrence, but let me walk you through why this might happen:

1) Ivey and MOS have independent evaluations and assessments
2) Ivey has a balance between ECs and academics as part of the assessments
3) Your AEO admission average will be calculated on your English + 5 top U/M courses, whereas MOS requires 1 english + 2 maths. In the odd instance that you performed superbly well in your non-math courses and happened to not have your marks in for math or not perform as well in the math courses, that could be why you've received your AEO offer before your MOS offer (assuming you got accepted to another program first).

Congrats!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Sayooos Sayooos

@IveyRecruiting2011 wrote
Hey everybody,

I know this might be confusing a bunch of you. This is a rare occurrence, but let me walk you through why this might happen:

1) Ivey and MOS have independent evaluations and assessments
2) Ivey has a balance between ECs and academics as part of the assessments
3) Your AEO admission average will be calculated on your English + 5 top U/M courses, whereas MOS requires 1 english + 2 maths. In the odd instance that you performed superbly well in your non-math courses and happened to not have your marks in for math or not perform as well in the math courses, that could be why you've received your AEO offer before your MOS offer (assuming you got accepted to another program first).

Congrats!

Hi Richard, I was wondering if Ivey are still sending out offers? and when the last batch will be sent out?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mxfire mxfire
Just received a call from Ivey. When asked, they said that the AEO offer only goes out after you are accepted, so you just have to give it a while to update the website.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of IveyRecruiting2011 IveyRecruiting2011

@Sayooos wrote

Hi Richard, I was wondering if Ivey are still sending out offers? and when the last batch will be sent out?

Ivey will still be sending offers, no hard date set in stone. Mid-May time period. Sorry, not as specific as you would've liked.
Was this helpful? Yes 0