yconic - IVEY three activities
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

IVEY three activities

A photo of akshaypatt akshaypatt
For the three activities I use in my Ivey application, what is more important for my application, an activity in which I displayed more of those four qualities, or an activity in which I would get a better reference from my contact? Does Ivey contact each of your references for the activities?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of onlymatthew onlymatthew

@akshaypatt wrote
For the three activities I use in my Ivey application, what is more important for my application, an activity in which I displayed more of those four qualities, or an activity in which I would get a better reference from my contact? Does Ivey contact each of your references for the activities?

It's almost definitely better to pick an activity where you displayed better qualities. I don't believe any of my references for any university program were contacted. Getting references is more like a way to eliminate the lazy applicants than an actual way to measure an applicant's abilities.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@onlymatthew wrote

@akshaypatt wrote

It's almost definitely better to pick an activity where you displayed better qualities. I don't believe any of my references for any university program were contacted. Getting references is more like a way to eliminate the lazy applicants than an actual way to measure an applicant's abilities.

Hey! Some of my references were contacted!

Ivey will send to the reference all the information you wrote about that activity (i.e. mentored 'X' amount of students, lead "x" event") and they will ask whether whatever you wrote is true or not.
Was this helpful? Yes 0