yconic - Ivey vs. BBA/BMath (WLU/UW)
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Ivey vs. BBA/BMath (WLU/UW)

A photo of heidiearhart21 heidiearhart21
I've been accepted to both, but I'm having a tough time deciding between the two because they are both so prestige. Input from anyone in these programs is greatly appreciated!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of AdJan AdJan
Both are very good programs in Canada.

Ivey is arguably the best business school in Canada while BBA/BMath is a very unique program that can earn you two degrees when you graduate. If you're all for business, Ivey will get you where you want to be. If you're more preferring math, UW's Math faculty is the place to be.

Whether you like both math and business, I think BBA/Math was made for you then. No matter how much prestige Ivey will give you, if you don't like the program or the studies then you'll be hating the next four years of your life.

Visit both campuses, research both programs and talk to current students. At the end of the day, both programs will give you a good education; the question is which program will you enjoy the most?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles
What do you wanna do when you graduate? This was answered in the DD ask me anything thread, too lazy to search for it though lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nick0rz Nick0rz
Tell me what you want to do, I'll tell you where you should go.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heidiearhart21 heidiearhart21
That's kind of the problem, I'm not exactly sure where I want my career to go. I do prefer business over math, hands down. But I was thinking that with the co-op program with DD I'd get a chance to explore careers more. I do not want to be a CA though!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nick0rz Nick0rz
I'll say Ivey if you want to do finance/consulting. However I wouldn't say DD is a bad choice either. How strong do you consider yourself to be in math?

I agree co-op is HUGE and I am extremely glad that I have it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0