yconic - IVEY WITHOUT AEO STATUS - CHANCES
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

IVEY WITHOUT AEO STATUS - CHANCES

A photo of mistahniceguy mistahniceguy
FOr the aeo status for western.. i didnt really do it prperly because i had ib exams on the days before and after the supplementary for the program was due... LOL
can i get into the ivey program by taking BMOS in the first due years even if i dont have an aeo status. what are the odds?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of Dyztopia Dyztopia
i'm pretty sure there was like 3 months to do the supplementary application.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of mvplayur mvplayur
The odds depend on how willing you are to work. You must definitely achieve an 80 average in all of your courses to be considered competitively for a spot though. In addition, you have to be involved and it would be good to hold at least one executive position in a club.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of mistahniceguy mistahniceguy
to the first post. with all due respect, not really three months... but yes i agree, there was plenty of time.

and to the second post. I am familiar with the fact that 1/3 of ivey students did not have an aeo status. But how valid is this?
I'm a bit skeptical because it seems too good to be true in a way. do they really give 200 students (1/3 out of 600, the approximate number of ivey grads/year) a chance to join the ivey loop again. Or is it more like if an aeo student is underachieving, they fill in those gaps with new students, and the chances to get in are much lower.. u get me?

oh and additionally, what would u recommended? taking the MOS program at western for 2 years and then applying? or going somewhere like rotman commerce and applying after 2 years. I did speak with ivey and they say that it doesnt matter. But again, i am skeptical. Im worried that if i take mos they will look at me as already in their system, and not be as willing to accept me as if i was at a different school, say rotman? Sorry if i am over thinking lol

Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
The difference between BMOS and Rotman is that you might f-up and be stuck with a social science degree from university without much reputation(to be honest Ivey's the only program there that holds a considerable amount of reputation).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of BusterBaxter BusterBaxter

@Daruki35 wrote
The difference between BMOS and Rotman is that you might f-up and be stuck with a social science degree from university without much reputation(to be honest Ivey's the only program there that holds a considerable amount of reputation).

Fail.

Was this helpful? Yes 0