yconic - IVEY
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

IVEY

A photo of LLUS LLUS
If I apply to IVEY in my second year of university(other than Western), do I have less chances of getting into IVEY just because I'm not a UWO student?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I don't think so.. But I know if you are in business at that other university you have less of a chance of getting into Ivey than someone applying from a program outside of business
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@mm11 wrote
I don't think so.. But I know if you are in business at that other university you have less of a chance of getting into Ivey than someone applying from a program outside of business

I don't think that's the case. Ivey requires you have certain business classes as prerequisites, or the equivalent from another university.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Slowwy Slowwy
Regardless of where you go, it's the same as long as you take the business prerequisites that are equivalent to what you take at Western. After that, it's all about your ecs and the essay you write.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ToiTeam ToiTeam

@LLUS wrote
If I apply to IVEY in my second year of university(other than Western), do I have less chances of getting into IVEY just because I'm not a UWO student?

as facts have it, 2 out of 3 are existing aeo`s and 1 out of 3 are new
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of waazup waazup

@ToiTeam wrote

@LLUS wrote

Oh wow, is that just because they accept the two thirds from high school status, or does 1/3 of AEO's fail to keep the 80%?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@waazup wrote

@ToiTeam wrote

@LLUS wrote

Oh wow, is that just because they accept the two thirds from high school status, or does 1/3 of AEO's fail to keep the 80%?

Many transfer (to other schools or programs), some can't maintain the requirements, and a small few may decide they don't want to bother paying for Ivey.
Was this helpful? Yes 0