yconic - Ivy League
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Ivy League

A photo of kaloolah kaloolah
Is anyone applying to any ivies? Good luck and hats off to anyone that applies.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
32 replies

A photo of Zion Zion
I was going to a couple years ago, but not anymore. I know Nyx is. Did you write the SAT I and II, Nyx?

Harvard's like my dream school. But I wouldn't get in anyway cause my ECs are poop. And cause it's Harvard...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of uncharted1111 uncharted1111
Harvard sucks. Don't go there.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of leviaidan leviaidan

@Zion wrote
I was going to a couple years ago, but not anymore. I know Nyx is. Did you write the SAT I and II, Nyx?

Harvard's like my dream school. But I wouldn't get in anyway cause my ECs are poop. And cause it's Harvard...

It's just you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx

@Zion wrote

hi.
Yes i did :) and i got 790 in bio :cheers:
my dream school is stanford.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx

@uncharted1111 wrote

You used to be illuminar amirite?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Nyx wrote

@uncharted1111 wrote

No. He hasn't posted on the new forums yet.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx

@uncharted1111 wrote

@Nyx wrote

@uncharted1111 wrote

No. He hasn't posted on the new forums yet.

how do you know?..but whatever, doesn't really matter
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion

@Nyx wrote

@Zion wrote

hi.

Nice. Good luck. God knows you'll need it. :batman:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx

@Zion wrote

@Nyx wrote

@Zion wrote

hi.

Nice. Good luck. God knows you'll need it. :batman:

thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Qq Qq

@Nyx wrote

@Zion wrote

hi.

Wow, you must be loaded
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of forthewinwin forthewinwin
I would like to go to one for grad school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Victoria Victoria
I personally can't afford to go out of the country. But my friend plays on a soccer team on a national level and he got a full scholarship into Harvard. Now I wish I hadn't quit soccer when I was young.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Victoria wrote
I personally can't afford to go out of the country. But my friend plays on a soccer team on a national level and he got a full scholarship into Harvard. Now I wish I hadn't quit soccer when I was young.

The Ivy League doesn't offer athletic scholarships. They only offer need-based financial aid based on your family's income. Your friend's income bracket is probably low and therefore he received a lot of financial aid.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion

@uncharted1111 wrote

@Victoria wrote

The Ivy League doesn't offer athletic scholarships. They only offer need-based financial aid based on your family's income. Your friend's income bracket is probably low and therefore he received a lot of financial aid.

+1

This has been debated before. Ivy League schools don't give athletic scholarships.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx

@Zion wrote

@uncharted1111 wrote

@Victoria wrote

+1

This has been debated before. Ivy League schools don't give athletic scholarships.

Yeah, but if he play on a national level, it's going to up his chances as an EC imo
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
^ Well, yeah, definitely. But he's not getting money for it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of xXxUfacStorAxXx xXxUfacStorAxXx
I am applying.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@forthewinwin wrote
I would like to go to one for grad school.

I'm considering it (it's a while away, plus I have to get in)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of canta93loupe canta93loupe
I applied to Columbia and Brown. I'm like 99% sure I won't get in, but Columbia has been my dream school for the longest time, so I thought that I might as well apply. XD
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
^ I really like Columbia cause it's actually in NYC. My other favorite Ivies would be Harvard and Brown. But yeah, it wasn't even worth it to apply because of the cost. Perhaps for grad. :bball:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of NumberOne NumberOne

@Zion wrote
it wasn't even worth it to apply because of the cost. Perhaps for grad. :bball:

+1
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx

@canta93loupe wrote
I applied to Columbia and Brown. I'm like 99% sure I won't get in, but Columbia has been my dream school for the longest time, so I thought that I might as well apply. XD

Same here, with Stanford :{
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of xXxUfacStorAxXx xXxUfacStorAxXx

@NumberOne wrote

@Zion wrote
it wasn't even worth it to apply because of the cost. Perhaps for grad. :bball:

+1

Ivys aren't expensive. It's called Financial Aid. If your income is ~100K then chances are that Harvard, Yale, Princeton would be cheaper than Ontario schools. Yale, for example, expects families to contribute 1%-10% of their income if the income is between something like 70-130K. Not a bad deal if you ask me.

And canta93loupe, we meet again hehe. I'm a fellow CC'er. You can probably tell who I am from my sig but don't post my CC username on here :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Qq Qq
Go there for Grad school not your undergrad, waste of money
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx

@Qq wrote
Go there for Grad school not your undergrad, waste of money

Did you not read what xXxUfacStorAxXx just wrote? honestly...
Was this helpful? Yes 0