yconic - JA company program
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

JA company program

A photo of cloverhannah cloverhannah
Today there was a guest coming to my accounting class and introduced a business workshop called" Junior Achievement Company program". Did anyone participate in that program? Do you think it's worth it for me to spend time and money on it?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
I'm not in biz but I was part of JA in high school. I joined my school business club and my friends and I (~20 of us) started up a JA company of our choosing (we designed and produced t-shirts to sell). It was a good experience even as a non-biz person and my friends that wanted to go into business took up exec positions. They learned how to network with different companies and oversee a "business", which was great for them. I don't recall putting too much money into it, but there may be startup fees depending on what each company chooses to do. If you sell a product though, you end up earning some of that back. I think we got around $40 each by the end but we decided to donate it charity instead. There wasn't too much of a time commitment, we met from 7-10pm every Monday night.
Was this helpful? Yes 0