yconic - Japanese music
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Japanese music

A photo of cvictor32 cvictor32
Do you listen to japanese music? Like Malice Mizer, Gackt, anime or j-pop music (Ayumi Hamasaki, Utada Hikaru)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
20 replies

A photo of blughsie blughsie
I do, I am addicted to them, I also listen to Korean songs and Chinese songs but I love my Jpop musice more than Kpop or Cpop
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Ceria Ceria
For J-pop, I actually really like Morning Musume, their song Kimagure Princess is really addicting, and their new single, Only You is pretty good too. I generally listen to the music from anime, like Orange Smile by Katate Size played as a ED in Nurarihyon no Mago - Sennen Makyou. I really like K-pop, but only from K dramas. B2ST, SS501, SHINEE, 2PM, and such!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Chiyo Chiyo
I'm a major Japanese and Korean music fan. I'm always listening to the music and it outnumbers the English music on my iTunes. I'm a fan of An Cafe, Gackt and the Johnny's Entertainment artists like Arashi, KAT-TUN and Hey!Say!JUMP, most the bands from that company are really good actually...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Quant Quant
No, I do not listen to horrible music.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of 12AHumber1994 12AHumber1994
I listen to jpop and kpop too! Recently I have been more into the kpop music like 2NE1, SHINee, B2ST, girls generation, 4minute and Big Bang. Anyone like to listen to these also?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KyGaudet KyGaudet
I'm a huge J-Pop and J-Rock fan~!
Most of my friends think different of this awesome genre but I believe it's because most people are wary of foreign music or don't understand it. It's the same as english sung music but with a different language.
I gotta say though, Vocaloids, Monkey Majik, YUI, Orange Range, Rookiez Iz Punk'd, One OK Rock...everything, I love it all.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Belforma Belforma
i used to listen to jpop but the only artist i really listen to thats jap is miyavi. :$ haha. i occasionally listen to kpop too but mehh kinda moved away from that too. i still love B2St big bang. uhhh super junior uhhh f(x) shinee some other peeps. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DawnXP DawnXP
I love Japanese Music, I listen to just about anything that I like/see on the Nicovideo uploaders or from Anime. Currently addicted to this song called Heart Beat.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Sakurei Sakurei
I may only mostly notice and know what comes out of my beloved anime, but I'm auditioning Go! (Naruto fighting dreamers) for my school talent show. So yes I like it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Shaana Shaana
I'm an avid listener of JPop, JROCK but also KPOP :)
The music just has a different vibe compared to others.
Favorite band is UVERworld~ Gaahhh... >_<
Also Miyavi and ONE OK ROCK, I have way to many to list x]
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Masonvd Masonvd
Anyone else listen to Capsule? Some of the best J-electro around.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ChartheShark304 ChartheShark304
I can honestly write an entire essay for my love of Japanese music.

And when I mean Japanese music I don't just mean anime openings, Jpop, and that shizz; they're ok but I'm not a big fan of those actually.

But I honestly think the Japanese are one of the greatest composers ever, right up there next to the Europeans. Sorry if I'm biased, but North Americans have nothing against them...haha. Just listen to the piano concerto movie theme to Spirited Away ("One Summer's Day" by Joe Hisashi). Music by a Japanese or European (French music is good) composer is the only type of music that moves me to tears.

My favourite band of all time is X Japan - THE most underrated band ever. It's not like I want them to be famous or anything, but they're underappreciated...for sure. (They peaked in the 80s and 90s, so it's mostly older folks who listen to them.)

If I have to judge between Kpop and Jpop...well...Kpop is definitely more popular, and it's hard to find a legit Jpop singer. But still, the Japanese win in the composition department.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ChartheShark304 ChartheShark304

@Quant wrote

I like how no one has commented on this yet.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken

@ChartheShark304 wrote

@Quant wrote

I like how no one has commented on this yet.

we're used to him.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I am addicted to Tommy Heavenly 6!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of minal minal
My favourite band is L'Arc~en~Ciel, but I try to listen to all styles of music :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of natalietienyanlai natalietienyanlai
Yes! My iPhone breathes out Japanese music!! Vocaloid, niconico douga singers, utada... whole bunch of other artists, anime op/ed's and Miyano Mamoru :DD
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CharmaineC18 CharmaineC18

@cvictor32 wrote
Do you listen to japanese music? Like Malice Mizer, Gackt, anime or j-pop music (Ayumi Hamasaki, Utada Hikaru)

I LOVE K-Pop. I listen to Epik High and Bi/Rain . And sometimes the theme songs from anime songs.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of japansarel japansarel
I love K-POP too. They drive me crazy
Was this helpful? Yes 0