yconic - Job Opportunites
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Job Opportunites

A photo of chocominty chocominty
I want to get a job, but i dont know where to start. Can anyone give me some ideas?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
12 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Customer service: fast food, stocking shelves, grocery store cashier, sales for a clothing or shoe company.

End thread.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of chocominty chocominty
thanx~ im thinking of fast food.. i wanna to go to law too..any tips?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@chocominty wrote

Any tips for a fast food job that also offers legal education? Many restaurants are the same, since they all have to follow employment laws, employment standards, health and safety regulations, and so on.

I worked at McDonald's as the Assistant Manager and the Head of the Health and Safety Committee, so that constantly exposed me to employment laws and health and safety laws. It also brought me to work with real-life regulators, such as inspectors and auditors who would come in and inspect the restaurant to make sure I was doing my job. This experience is so helpful, and looks great on a resume.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx

@ARMY101 wrote

@chocominty wrote

Any tips for a fast food job that also offers legal education? Many restaurants are the same, since they all have to follow employment laws, employment standards, health and safety regulations, and so on.

I worked at McDonald's as the Assistant Manager and the Head of the Health and Safety Committee, so that constantly exposed me to employment laws and health and safety laws. It also brought me to work with real-life regulators, such as inspectors and auditors who would come in and inspect the restaurant to make sure I was doing my job. This experience is so helpful, and looks great on a resume.

Don't you work there any more?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

@Nyx wrote

@ARMY101 wrote

@chocominty wrote

Don't you work there any more?

No, hence why I used past tense.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Roy Roy
Some better than minimum wage jobs:

Lifeguard/Instructor (If you have your NLS and instructors)
Bank Teller (It use to be something like 12)
Summer Camp (Might have to get CPR and first aid)
Work with the city (Depends on what you want to do, ex sports or dance instructors make ok money)
Handing out samples (google search)
Handing out newspaper (need to wake up at something like 3 am but it's 12 an hour)

there are a lot more out there.. just look
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of munrobr munrobr
A lot of schools have job aid sections either on their website or with some kind of career counselor.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of tashahuggins tashahuggins
Are you thinking of working before going to university or while going to university? If it's before, then you can work for your city, lifeguarding, camp counselor or anything in the retail. But if you're working during the school year, then you can check out a lot of the on-campus jobs offered at your university.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Abdullahfoster Abdullahfoster
try your local mall they alway hire ppl.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted