yconic - Jobs in University
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Jobs in University

A photo of moodeline moodeline
So I'm wondering if anyone has any advice regarding working part time in university. I don't work during school in high school, but I'm super involved in extra-curriculars, and take full IB. Will it be possible to get exceptional grades, participate (somewhat) in extra-curriculars and have a social life as well as working?

Part B: I'm from the West coast, and work as a lifeguard during the summer. I was thinking that this would be a good job to work at a few shifts a week while in university. Can anyone recommend to me any pools around U of T (obviously I'm aware of the ones actually on campus). Thanks:)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
24 replies

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
Co-op.
:cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

A photo of peterv peterv
I think try Work Study program (I don't remember the official name..something like Ontario work Study program) you can work on campus and stuff
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

A photo of manna manna
I'm planning to do weekends and probably Friday evenings. This way I'll get around 20 hours, not the 30 that I'm getting now, but it will still help.

Working Fridays is okay, because there isn't school the next day, and on the weekends if you work there is still time for study and play.

You sound fairly well disciplined already, so working and studying shouldn't be an issue.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Yes, you should and need to work. Even if you find something easy and part time working at a fast food joint, you'll be good.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Haru Haru
When would it be a good idea to start searching for jobs...for lets say this coming September?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
^
I would say at least a few weeks to a month in advance, since they need time to look through your resume/application.. set up an interview date.. do the actual interview.. as well as conduct other interviews with other potential employees.. then get back to you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup
There are so many opportunities available on campus like eateries, rec centre, rez, etc.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lless101 lless101
[size=6]There are tons of part time jobs that are flexible and fun!

I've had a few doing on-campus marketing throughout my 3 years at uOttawa and I love it! It's fun, you meet great people, and get paid.

There's a great one with James Ready Beer for Sept 2011. If you've ever wanted to work for a beer company, you should check it out! They're hiring a student from 8 universities to become campus diplomats. Just fill in the application at: JamesReadyJob.com

Participating campuses:

•University of Western Ontario
•York University
•University of Guelph
•Queen’s University
•University of Ottawa
•McMaster University
•Brock University
•Wilfrid Laurier University[/size]
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Wendy_D Wendy_D
^ lol. Beer company.

I hope to get a serving job or something in uni. Just for the experience.
Was this helpful? Yes 0