yconic - Jobs Outside Canada for Canadian students.
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Jobs Outside Canada for Canadian students.

A photo of Peaches11 Peaches11
Hello,

Anyone else out there on web, looking for a job that is located in Australia for approx 3 months of 2011. I have yet to find anything. let me know.. I'm currently studying Electrical Engineering, so a job related to my studies is what I'm looking for.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
14 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Teaching ESL abroad is a great way to travel, earn a good salary (and pay of debt i.e. OSAP), meet new people and grow as a person. I've done it and I wouldn't trade the experiences for anything.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Kevin Ianson Kevin Ianson
If you do go to Australia make sure to do I think it's around 70 hours of agricultural work because normal they only allow you to go with a working visa once and then you are through, however is you complete a certain number of hours in some specialized fields that the government dictates they do allow you to apply again in the future for another visa.
There is a program called SWAP Students Working Abroad Program and they are really good at setting these things up and they are not for profit, anyways you should check it out it's pretty cool.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sumreen89 sumreen89
check out operationgroundswell.com
its volunteeering overseas.. GREAT EXPERIANCE
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jonathan12 Jonathan12
I am also heading over to Australia this year. Thanks for all the suggestions!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of qtgirl qtgirl
Hey does anyone know any job or volunteer opportunities in Taiwan this summer?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Does anyone know of any job opportunities outside of Canada for Petroleum Engineering?
Thank you :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of shacheung shacheung
i'm also interested in working in Austrailia too!
i heard about the swap program
swap.ca

seems like a gd head start in getting experience abroad
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iwatson iwatson
I've really been looking into teaching English. I'm finding alot of conflicting info about what you need to teach. Any more info?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mwest21 mwest21
I've used goabroad.com to find internship opportunities. The only problem is it's through a program and I have to cover the cost myself, which is quite pricey (I'm looking to go to England).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of rezaj6 rezaj6
Hey,

I am looking to do a international internship that is business related, for the months of April-September. I am a 3rd year Business student in Toronto. Anyone have some ideas. I just got into AISEC so I am hopefully going to get the opportunity to go through their internship program, but any other ideas would be helpfuk
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lwolff lwolff
Some schools actually have lists available of places you can go work or study abroad in your related field. Its just a matter of finding out who has this information sometimes. I would always start by asking accademic advising.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nejohn nejohn
Has anyone taken the Canadian Foreign Service exam? I am still getting through my uni degree but am looking into the future and want to know what to expect.

Thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ianhnsy ianhnsy
I'm looking at volunteering abroad this summer, has anyone traveled with Rustic Pathways organization? Would you recommend them?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of michelles michelles
I'm heading to Poland in the summer. Anyone know any work placements that i could find there?
Was this helpful? Yes 0