yconic - Journalism at Ryerson..too late?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Journalism at Ryerson..too late?

A photo of sj25 sj25
hi :)
I am a senior in high school and I didn't apply to the Journalism pogram at Ryerson but now i wish I did because I'm almost sure I would have gotten in because hve a lot of experience in writing/have published work ( I wrote for the kid section of the toronto star and a feeder newspaper to the toronto star) . Now I really regret my decision to not apply and I'm guessing it too late to apply now...is it? Also, I I were to attend York for a psychology (Bsc) for first year and then aply for the Journalism program at ryerson and switch would my credits be transferrable and would I have a worse chance of getting in as opposed to if I'd applied now?

thank you:)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of VictoriaNguyen VictoriaNguyen
Check the program's application deadline on the Ryerson website. I applied in November and got accepted in March. Apparently they only accept 150 students every year... Good luck.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nadia93 nadia93
i went on the ouac website and went to ryerson's programs and saw that journalism is not closed yet, maaaaybe you can still apply? try calling admissions and asking first but i can see that a lot of other programs have the red word 'closed' beside them but not journalism :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cdkpsa cdkpsa
Was it Brand New Planet that you wrote for? I wrote for that, and I submitted one of my articles from eighth grade + 4 others I wrote. The website says 10 days after your application so you should be able to apply, but I would give them a call first.
Was this helpful? Yes 0