yconic - June 2nd Offer Deadline!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

June 2nd Offer Deadline!

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I know that leading up to the the deadline most people have to make the all important decision of the program and University to Accept. Plenty have done so already but there are quite a few who are waiting until the last day.Some may even change their minds at the very last moment! This can be the deadline day thread where it all goes down. It will be used for the purpose of helping those who are confused and need help making a decision. So to all those who are still deciding and are going to make their decision on the very last day feel free to post.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
90 replies

This is from a poster on these forums last year and a tip you may or may not find useful

I did flip a coin when I was trying to make a decision, and it’s the called the coin test (I invented this myself). Essentially this is how it works – once you’ve narrowed down to 2 choices, you assign a school to heads and another to tails (naturally, the head of the Queen was “Queen’s, and the ducks was “Western” razz j/k). Then flip the coin 3 OR 5 times, and tell yourself that whatever comes out to the majority, you shall go. If you are satisfied with the result, that’s where you should go, but if you have the urge to keep flipping to get the other result, then it’s an indicator of something. For me, the coin flipped Western 3 times in a row, and I had the absolute urge to cheat and flip again. My friends were observing me trying to cheat and that’s when I realized that Queen’s was for me and my unconscious self wanted Queen’s. So I went for it and it turned out I was right!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of durres durres
LOL^ i did the same kid of test, but I had three universities, so I worte on 3 different pieces of paper, and than narrowed it to 2. I got queens 4 times out of 4 tries. I dont have the urge to keep trying but i'm still not sure.

if anyone can please help, I want to pursue a CFA, i have waterloo afm-fm, QC or laurier financial math/bba but my question is, how long would it take to get a CFA at Queens becuase at waterloo you can almost challenge all three exams after 4th year, but QC reputation is one of the best, and there must be a reason lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of IanSharer IanSharer
Just write down a huge list of pros and cons. It really makes a difference having every factor written down in front of you. But honestly, it's June 1st. No matter how much you want to argue that you're undecided, you've made up your mind but are just doubting it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mauds mauds

@IanSharer wrote
Just write down a huge list of pros and cons. It really makes a difference having every factor written down in front of you. But honestly, it's June 1st. No matter how much you want to argue that you're undecided, you've made up your mind but are just doubting it.

+1

As for the coin toss, I was debating about doing that also. Then I realized that no matter how many times 'Western' landed, I would keep on going until a 'Queen's' majority happened.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of North North
I've used that coin test for a number of things through the years. Didn't have to for this decision though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
Ahahha this thread is awesome =)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@durres wrote
LOL^ i did the same kid of test, but I had three universities, so I worte on 3 different pieces of paper, and than narrowed it to 2. I got queens 4 times out of 4 tries. I dont have the urge to keep trying but i'm still not sure.

if anyone can please help, I want to pursue a CFA, i have waterloo afm-fm, QC or laurier financial math/bba but my question is, how long would it take to get a CFA at Queens becuase at waterloo you can almost challenge all three exams after 4th year, but QC reputation is one of the best, and there must be a reason lol

I don't think it will make much of a difference. The CFA requires 3 years of experience so Waterloo with Co-op will reduce it to like 2 years.

goldmansachs should really be on here he has changed his mind like 3 times and still remains undecided.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of TKBCOM14 TKBCOM14

@dxb2ont wrote

@durres wrote

I don't think it will make much of a difference. The CFA requires 3 years of experience so Waterloo with Co-op will reduce it to like 2 years.

goldmansachs should really be on here he has changed his mind like 3 times and still remains undecided.

I am pretty sure co-op months don't do this CFA work requirements. and CFA work requirement is 48 months.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of thagger101 thagger101
Is today the last day to accept or is it tomorrow (June 2nd), Someone let me know, i still have a decision to make ahhh
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of North North

@thagger101 wrote
Is today the last day to accept or is it tomorrow (June 2nd), Someone let me know, i still have a decision to make ahhh

June 2nd for Ontario universities - so tomorrow. But make sure that you know what time your offer expires. I think that most are 11:59pm but I know that the University of Guelph is different - it's 4:30pm - http://www.wlu.ca/calendars/program.php?cal=1&d=709&p=1349&s=310&y=37
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@thagger101 wrote

Its Tomorrow, there are plenty of posters who can help you make that decision :)

My bad TKBCOM14, always thought it was 3 years. 48 months seems long :S
I've heard that the Waterloo Finance area of interest is weak compared to their accounting and I guess overall Queens commerce for Finance would be a better choice.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of durres durres
What do you guys think of laurier bba/financial math compared to QC for a CFA???

any help would be really appreciated
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of amhsirak amhsirak
Don't know if I should accept Ivey or not. I've done the coin toss thing so many times, yet I feel indifferent regardless of the outcome. I don't like the 2+2, so I was thinking of going to Schulich and then transferring, but that is going to be a pain in the ass. HELP ME DECIDE: SCHULICH IBBA OR IVEY FOR CONSULTING??? :bounce:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of goldmansachs goldmansachs
Haha just accepted Queen's on OUAC today.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@goldmansachs wrote

Mcgill --> Ivey --> QC. Solid.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@amhsirak wrote
Don't know if I should accept Ivey or not. I've done the coin toss thing so many times, yet I feel indifferent regardless of the outcome. I don't like the 2+2, so I was thinking of going to Schulich and then transferring, but that is going to be a pain in the ass. HELP ME DECIDE: SCHULICH IBBA OR IVEY FOR CONSULTING??? :bounce:

Well, you could be my Ivey 2013 hopeful buddy if you decide to go to Schulich. Like you, I'm not fond of the 2+2 (especially with BMOS). If you're worried about not being able to transfer, then you shouldn't be going for consulting as the cut offs for interviews will be a lot tougher than transferring to Ivey.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@IanSharer wrote

@amhsirak wrote

Well, you could be my Ivey 2013 hopeful buddy if you decide to go to Schulich. Like you, I'm not fond of the 2+2 (especially with BMOS). If you're worried about not being able to transfer, then you shouldn't be going for consulting as the cut offs for interviews will be a lot tougher than transferring to Ivey.

+1

Btw, I accepted Math/CA a couple days ago. I may switch to DD in year 2 and I may switch to Ivey in year 3 :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@immaculatedx wrote

@goldmansachs wrote

Where have you decided? I recall several phases of switching between Math/CA and Fin Modelling/Ivey.

Edit: I see^^^ Good luck! Perhaps we'll all see each other at Ivey in two years.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@IanSharer wrote

@immaculatedx wrote

@goldmansachs wrote

Where have you decided? I recall several phases of switching between Math/CA and Fin Modelling/Ivey.

Edit: I see^^^ Good luck! Perhaps we'll all see each other at Ivey in two years.

Yeah, congrats on deciding on Schulich. All the best.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@amhsirak wrote

It won't be a pain in the ass, go to Schulich - assuming you live in Toronto it will save you some money and give you a good foundation in general business. It will also give you the chance to see if consulting is right for you. We are just in high school, I doubt we already know what business stream we are going into especially something as specific as consulting. Then transfer going in knowing what you want to do, I doubt BMOS will let you figure all that out and I know a few people that have transferred so it's very likely. Good luck and just accept already haha!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of apark17 apark17
LMFAO this thread is SOOO me.

k

DD VS QC VS AFMPA...

if anyone wants to chime in send me a PM.

Im not COMPLETELY sure if i want a CA, im pretty sure though. Finance sounds cool..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of durres durres

@apark17 wrote
LMFAO this thread is SOOO me.

k

DD VS QC VS AFMPA...

if anyone wants to chime in send me a PM.

Im not COMPLETELY sure if i want a CA, im pretty sure though. Finance sounds cool..

+1 I"m in the same freaking BOATTTTTTT

I just disregarded the afm because its too specific and when looking for co-op it'd be hard to stand out against dd kids b/c ur just doing basically half of what their doing
Was this helpful? Yes 0

QC man, I'm too lazy explain but just trust me QC aha
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of durres durres

@goldmansachs wrote
QC man, I'm too lazy explain but just trust me QC aha

LOL i was about to accept it and than I'm like nawww, b.c its too general and you are not specialied in any specific field until 3rd/4th year, while at laurier you get math degree + specialize in a bba field + coop :O
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of amhsirak amhsirak
LOL thanks guys! Iansharer, check your inbox :bball:
Was this helpful? Yes 0