yconic - Just an average post on Studentawards - Business
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Just an average post on Studentawards - Business

A photo of noxx98 noxx98
Hi guys, Im going into grade 12! Im thinking about going into business, probably in finance or accounting. I took an accounting course in highschool, and i did really well in it. Since I did really well in it I will do well in it in university, and then get a job. I don't really know what accountants do, or what investment bankers do. I heard they make lots of money though, and I would like to make lots of money, so I will become an accountant or an investment banker.

I do have a question though. Should I do <random question here>. I know other people have probably asked this same question before, but Im going to ask it again. I tried searching, but the answer wasn't in the first topic I looked at, so I will just ask it again.

I also enjoy cooking. Do you think I should become a chef? Could you guys compare and contrast becoming a chef and becoming an investment banker. I know they are really different, and I haven't given you very many details about myself, but it would be great if you could tell me which is best.

Can you guys also rank all the schools for me? I want to know which is the best.

Thank you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
24 replies

A photo of noxx98 noxx98
This is an average reply. They try to be helpful, they might get a few things wrong, but they tend to answer the question.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of noxx98 noxx98

@noxx98 wrote
This is an average reply. They try to be helpful, they might get a few things wrong, but they tend to answer the question.

This is the average reply to a reply. Usually they say something about how they have a second cousin and a dead uncle in the industry and they said something completely different. So obviously this reply is right.

ALSO IVEY IS #1 WOOOOOOO.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of noxx98 noxx98

@noxx98 wrote

@noxx98 wrote

This is the average reply to a reply. Usually they say something about how they have a second cousin and a dead uncle in the industry and they said something completely different. So obviously this reply is right.

ALSO IVEY IS #1 WOOOOOOO.

This is the average reply from an old forum member who tries to restate some things. And generally is pretty right.

They will also say that Ivey is a good school, but is not right for everyone. Queens, Schulich, Laurier, UW, Rotman etc all have their advantages.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of noxx98 noxx98
We now see a full page of flaming about whether Ivey or Queens is best.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of noxx98 noxx98
Next g93, or someone else comes in, says a bunch of good stuff. And everyone is happy.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of noxx98 noxx98

@noxx98 wrote
Next g93, or someone else comes in, says a bunch of good stuff. And everyone is happy.

After that someone replies to this post and asks a related question.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of noxx98 noxx98
Then we start the whole process over again.

This concludes the average topic on StudentAwards!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
Winnar.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of waazup waazup
where do I come in? :bounce: :compress:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of noxx98 noxx98

@immaculatedx wrote
Winnar.

ty ty

@waazup wrote
where do I come in? :bounce: :compress:

You can pick your own role. Or! Add on your own, the more the merrier.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of noxx98 noxx98
Totally forgot, OP has decent ECs, such as playing on the school hockey team and helping out at a foodbank. OP is also considering being a volunteer sports coach this year, and volunteering at the foodbank again. OP would like to know if these EC's are good.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAryFIuRxmQ[/YOUTUBE]
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
^lol.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of goldmansachs goldmansachs
LOL good one noxx.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cliffhanger33 cliffhanger33

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of noxx98 noxx98
Id like to nominate this thread for sticky. Its an excellent chronical of what new posters should not do. The fact that I made it has NOTHING to do with it.

thx for the e-props my e-bros and e-sis's
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Quiz Quiz
What's my role?!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of noxx98 noxx98
you guize can all have roles in the queens/ivey/schulich flame war. I'll be the guy repping Laurier as the best school, so we need someone to flame me. any takers?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of goldmansachs goldmansachs
"Laurier is an as alright school man :s but it's second tier you know...it's about Ivey and Queen's they are Canada's best business schools"
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

A photo of apark17 apark17
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL i havent been on in a while but this is too jokes, yet true......
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted