yconic - Just blew my exams, what's my chance of getting into these programs.?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Just blew my exams, what's my chance of getting into these programs.?

A photo of SeraphimGG SeraphimGG
I did really bad in the chem and physics exam and I think my average will drop to

Chem-92
Physics-93
Biology -95
Calculus-96
English 78
Family 83
Law -93 (not sure)
Exercise science 95 (not sure)

My average of the top 6 is around 91

I feel really stressed and helpless right now because there is nothing I can do. The exams were done.Can you tell me my chance of being accepted into these programs. I really appreciate your suggestions. Thank you

I applied to life science/science at u of t(st george), queen's, and Mcgill, bio med at western and health sci at macmaster

Again, thank you

Was this helpful? Yes 0
11 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Troll, no one feed the troll.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jack555 Jack555

@Medic93 wrote
Troll, no one feed the troll.

Rofl
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aquarius aquarius

@SeraphimGG wrote
I did really bad in the chem and physics exam and I think my average will drop to

Chem-92
Physics-93
Biology -95
Calculus-96
English 78
Family 83
Law -93 (not sure)

I feel really stressed and helpless right now because there is nothing I can do. The exams were done.Can you tell me my chance of being accepted into these programs. I really appreciate your suggestions. Thank you

I applied to life science/science at u of t(st george), queen's, and Mcgill, bio med at western and health sci at macmaster

Again, thank you

I'm sure you know a lot of people in this forum would love to have most of your marks. There is no reason why you will not get into any of the universities you applied other than Mcmaster Health Science ( you have the marks but you are going to need luck and an exceptional supplementary application)and for McGill,last year's lowest admission for Lifescience was 92.7%. Queen's you need supplementary too !!

So good luck.....
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
To be fair their English mark is actually very low and could hurt them.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@aquarius wrote

@SeraphimGG wrote

Chem-92
Physics-93
Biology -95
Calculus-96
English 78
Family 83
Law -93 (not sure)

Again, thank you

I'm sure you know a lot of people in this forum would love to have most of your marks. There is no reason why you will not get into any of the universities you applied other than Mcmaster Health Science ( you have the marks but you are going to need luck and an exceptional supplementary application)and for McGill,last year's lowest admission for Lifescience was 92.7%. Queen's you need supplementary too !!

So good luck.....

Hi, can you tell me how much does queens weight the supplementary? Thank you... and yeah, McGill seems impossible now
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ktel wrote

Can you tell me the minimum requirement for English? I got out of walkway year, and I'm struggling in English right now.Thank you
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
Different programs and schools will have different requirements for English marks, I don't know them.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@SeraphimGG wrote

@ktel wrote

Can you tell me the minimum requirement for English? I got out of walkway year, and I'm struggling in English right now.Thank you

Sorry, I meant ESL, not walkaway. autocorrect
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@SeraphimGG wrote

@ktel wrote

I believe you need to get a minimum of 70% in English for most universities ;so you should be OK. The supplementary for Queens ,I'm not sure how much weight is placed on it but it's not as hard as Mcmaster Health science.

Good Luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joshki Joshki

@aquarius wrote

@SeraphimGG wrote

@ktel wrote

I believe you need to get a minimum of 70% in English for most universities ;so you should be OK. The supplementary for Queens ,I'm not sure how much weight is placed on it but it's not as hard as Mcmaster Health science.

Good Luck!

only 70? a lot of the schools require at least 80..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Joshki wrote

@aquarius wrote

@SeraphimGG wrote

@ktel wrote

Good Luck!

only 70? a lot of the schools require at least 80..

Ryerson is looking for 65%,Dalhousie 70%,UFT,Mcmaster,Guelph,Western and Queens does not give any specific percentage.If you are an International Student or have studied less than 4 years in a Canadian High School then you have to do the English Language test eg TOEFL.
Was this helpful? Yes 0