yconic - Just got accepted to ryerson residence for the year 2011-2012.....
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Just got accepted to ryerson residence for the year 2011-2012.....

A photo of StrawberrySplashx0x3 StrawberrySplashx0x3
i was on the waiting list and finally got in today, ill be supposed to move in January but the type of rez type i got is called "apartment" sharing with 3 other girls, these girls met each other since September, im really worries to accept the rez offer b/c wat if i dont get along with them? those things happen i mean they must be really close by now, im scared lmao, my first choice was double occupancy but i didnt get it, anyways since these gilrs are probably tight, i feel realllly awkward going :(
advice?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of rightsaidfred rightsaidfred

@StrawberrySplashx0x3 wrote
i was on the waiting list and finally got in today, ill be supposed to move in January but the type of rez type i got is called "apartment" sharing with 3 other girls, these girls met each other since September, im scared as hell to accept the rez offer b/c wat if i dont get along with them? what if they dont like me? i mean they must be really close by now :( im scared, my first choice was double occupancy :( but i didnt get it, anyways since these gilrs are probably tight, i feel realllly awkward going :(
advice?

Calm down, first of all.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sllencer sllencer
There's also an equally high chance that they all hate each other's guts :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Ba Ba Blue Ba Ba Blue
Ryerson knows you never met any of the other ladies before. Residence staff will be able to work with you to make it work. If not, they may be able to move you elsewhere in residence. It's not in their best interest to have an apartment full of people who dislike each other.

Don't worry about it - it'll all work out! If it doesn't, seek support and the issue will be resolved. Accept your offer and have a blast @ Ryerson!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of RyersonStudentHousing RyersonStudentHousing
Hello,

I am one of the student housing advisors for Ryerson residence. In choosing apartment style students know to be flexible and adaptable to their surrounding and roommates. Right now these girls are missing a roommate and you are going to fill that role for them. I am sure they are eagerly awaiting for you to arrive. Residence is an accepting community and your floor will become your second family.

If you have any other questions e-mail us at hosuing@ryerson.ca or give us a call at 416-979-5284. Good luck with exams and we are excited to have you next semester.
Was this helpful? Yes 0