yconic - Kind of freaking out about Ivey revoking their offer...
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Kind of freaking out about Ivey revoking their offer...

A photo of halestorm29 halestorm29
So I just finished my calc exam... that didn't go so good.
I was accepted for Ivey AEO status with a 90 at midterm, and with the calculation's I've made I'm projecting about an 85-86 for my final average overall. Do you guys think they will revoke my offer if I drop that much?
Pleaseee someone give me a piece of mind, I can't relax yet school is over!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
11 replies

A photo of brandonholmes brandonholmes
I have heard Ivey revoking offers after a 2-3% average drop, but keep your hopes up! It's over and done with, now all you can do is wait. Was that your last exam?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of apark17 apark17
holy tahts harsh... just 2-3% drop!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I would call them because from the way I see it they shouldn't. As long as you get into BMOS or whichever you chose (meaning you maintain that cutoff, and an 85 isn't a bad average), you should still have AEO Status seeing as Ivey judges you on your first 2 years of university. Give them a call for sure though because I honestly don't know, just what I said seems logical lol.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of brandonholmes brandonholmes

@apark17 wrote
holy tahts harsh... just 2-3% drop!

I suppose it depends on your average beforehand, if you were 95+ you're probably fine, but if you were right on the cutoff they might revoke the offer. At least that's the word around the hallways..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of foreveryoung foreveryoung

@halestorm29 wrote
So I just finished my calc exam... that didn't go so good.
I was accepted for Ivey AEO status with a 90 at midterm, and with the calculation's I've made I'm projecting about an 85-86 for my final average overall. Do you guys think they will revoke my offer if I drop that much?
Pleaseee someone give me a piece of mind, I can't relax yet school is over!

I've heard that there's actually no condition for the AEO offer after you get the acceptance (of course i'm talking about high school), which makes sense considering nothing in any of the packages stated a condition.
But i would call and ask to make sure
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of beyondsection17 beyondsection17
I suggest you call Ivey and ask. I know Richard insinuated that Ivey reserves the right to retract their offer following too high of a drop, but I don't know the exact numbers, and neither do most people on StudentAwards. Try asking Mark at this thread here.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of BusterBaxter BusterBaxter

@beyondsection17 wrote
I suggest you call Ivey and ask. I know Richard insinuated that Ivey reserves the right to retract their offer following too high of a drop, but I don't know the exact numbers, and neither do most people on StudentAwards. Try asking Mark at this thread here.

+1

I think some people thought that thread died, but it's still alive. Mark was answering questions just yesterday.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jelly jelly
Don't quote me on it, but I heard maintaining a 90 average was required to maintain the status.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of goldmansachs goldmansachs

@jelly wrote
I heard maintaining a 90 average was required to maintain the status.

They gave admission to people in the high 80s...

By the way how many courses do you have, because if you have 7 then your calculus won't count only your AF as Ivey considers only one math course.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jelly jelly
Well that's why I said don't quote me on it. I heard it from someone who is going into their second year, but maybe that was for keeping scholar's electives...? I don't exactly know.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup
Yeah, you should definitely ask. However, I think I remember Richard adding that they won't necessarily take it away from you but red flag your application for the future.
Was this helpful? Yes 0