yconic - Kinesiology and medical school
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Kinesiology and medical school

A photo of dnw48 dnw48
Hi,
I'm a high school student and I've been accepted to all my programs I applied for which include
York U Kinesiology
York U biophysics
UT Kinesiology
UT Engineering

Basically, I've narrowed down my interest to kinesiology and I've been debating between york kin and UT kin for a while. I understand that UT might be a little bit more difficult to maintain a decent GPA seeing as I'm preparing to go into med school.
My biggest concern is that I may not even get acceptance into medical school in the future if I go to york. Would somebody give me some insight about this concern?

Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

This post was deleted

A photo of Uncotran Uncotran
Are you 100% sure about trying to get into med school? Be sure. I'm giving you a heads up right now, that since UofT has so many classes devoted to the health & PhysED portion of the course, theres not nearly as much science based (hence it is pretty well geared towards social streams such as becoming a teacher or fitness instructor). That being said, many of your electives, if not all, will need to be science based courses so you'll have to be focusing more of your time on your electives, rather than your compulsory courses.

Also, it doesn't matter where you go for your undergraduate. In the end the degrees are mostly all the same (except a BSc is way better than a BA when applying to med school, not sure about BKin or BPhe). York has a VERY good kine program, UofT is just trying to copy them right now, not nearly at the same level because their program is fairly new.

It really depends on what you want to do. But IMO, I'd pick York Kine over UofT kine anyday.
Was this helpful? Yes 0