yconic - kinesiology degree for martial arts?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

kinesiology degree for martial arts?

A photo of bkuntz bkuntz
I want to work in kinesiology, but my dream job one day would be to work in a dojang as a tae kwon do instructor. What would be the best major for me to get for this?

At my local university they offer majors in:
Adapted Movement Science
Health Promotion
Human Kinetics
Gerontology
Sport And Recreation Management
Therapeutic Recreation
(This is the University of Regina)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of dancee dancee
I would probably go with the human kinetics degree if you think you can handle the science and math ok. Any of those should be good but a more general kines. degree could probably lead you in more directions should you change your mind.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of chii chii
Hmmm! This is interesting as I have the same plan as you, except in a Goju Karate Dojo!

I would consider the Human Kinetics program, or the Sport and Recreation Management. If you're able to do both, do it! This way you will have a good background in administration and be able to know about running a dojo as a program director too; in addition to the precise knowledge of the body and how to use it in relation to TKD that you would gain from Human Kinetics.

How far along are you in your training in Tae Kwon Do?

Good luck and Happy training : D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
^Goju - where?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of chii chii
I train in the Brampton area. Do you practice Goju?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@chii wrote
I train in the Brampton area. Do you practice Goju?

Did.
Was this helpful? Yes 0