yconic - Kinesiology -> Med School Questions
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Kinesiology -> Med School Questions

A photo of TegtheCoolDude TegtheCoolDude
I am eventually aiming to become a pediatrician and I was just wondering if doing kinesiology in university would be a valid choice as compared to Life or Health Sciences.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of Trarod Trarod

@TegtheCoolDude wrote
I am eventually aiming to become a pediatrician and I was just wondering if doing kinesiology in university would be a valid choice as compared to Life or Health Sciences.

Any undergraduate program is a valid choice for medical school, provided you complete the prerequisites. The prerequisites are usually pretty basic 1st or 2nd year courses i.e. 1 full credit in each of organic chem, physical chem, molecular bio, a humanities course ( English, History, etc...) maybe physics, calculus and biochem for some US med schools. You shouldn't have any trouble completing these if you're doing kinesiology, and med school admissions won't treat your application any differently than someone who is doing Life Science.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of TegtheCoolDude TegtheCoolDude
I meant in terms of the stuff they teach you
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Trarod Trarod

@TegtheCoolDude wrote
I meant in terms of the stuff they teach you

They teach you everything you need to know to become a successful doctor in medical school, which is mostly human anatomy and physiology. Only a few life science programs are related to this, but most (90%?) deal with molecular biology, which isn't as relevant. So in any case, you wouldn't be at a disadvantage in terms of the stuff you learn in kinesiology.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
Yeah, kin would be perfectly fine.
Was this helpful? Yes 0