yconic - Lab Tech.
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Lab Tech.

A photo of KitaKat KitaKat
so I have a problem, I want to do a Medical lab tech couse at CNA but the wait list is like 3 yrs. so Im thinking about doing a medical lab tch assistant couse (which is one year and at a different school) while im on the waitlist for CNA (there couse is three yrs.) but idk if this will be any benifit? The couse at CNA is also a competive course.

So should i do the couse or not? do anyone have any advice?

Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
Why not apply elsewhere for med lab tech?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

well theres only one school that actually teaches the course and thats CNA so if i wanted to do it elsewhere i'd have to move, and if not really wanting to move.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

would anyone be able to give me prs and cons about this topic?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CailynBrown CailynBrown

@KitaKat wrote
well theres only one school that actually teaches the course and thats CNA so if i wanted to do it elsewhere i'd have to move, and if not really wanting to move.

Hi Kat

Medical lab tech course is great. I've observed that it's demand has increased a lot in recent time. I'm having a solution for your concern. There are many good colleges which offer online degree course in medical lab tech. These colleges provide all the study materials, online lectures and time to time support whenever necessary. The best part is that these colleges are having scholarship programs which would lower your study cost. More information about these colleges and their scholarship programs are mentioned in the following site.
http://medicallabtechnicianschool.org/medical-lab-tech-scholarships/

By doing an online course you need not move from your place also and can complete your CNA course without any problem.
Was this helpful? Yes 0