yconic - Languages at York-Glendon?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Languages at York-Glendon?

A photo of TWilliams TWilliams
I was recently accepted to Waterloo and the York Glendon campus for French Studies (and I plan on doing other languages too) but I'm stuck between both universities. I think Glendon would be a better choice because it is a bilingual campus and I would have the opportunity to practice speaking languages with other students but Waterloo also has a wide variety of language courses too.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
10 replies

A photo of stukuntz stukuntz
I would recommend Glendon. My neighbour went there, and she said that best thing was not only the small campus (which lead to a more personal-feeling experience) but that during the summer Air Canada usually employs Glendon students, because it is recognised as bilingual. So you have a job, a beautiful campus AND you can take courses at York as well
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

Thanks for the info! I really appreciate your input and it is really helpful that I'll be able to take courses between both campuses. I think I am going to accept Glendon's offer :) Thanks again!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heylooklisten heylooklisten

@TWilliams wrote
Thanks for the info! I really appreciate your input and it is really helpful that I'll be able to take courses between both campuses. I think I am going to accept Glendon's offer :) Thanks again!

I definitely agree, Glendon will give you a full bilingual experience and help your French develop more. I also applied there for iBA History :)

When did you get your offer of admission?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

@heylooklisten wrote

@TWilliams wrote

I definitely agree, Glendon will give you a full bilingual experience and help your French develop more. I also applied there for iBA History :)

When did you get your offer of admission?

I got my offer some time in January
(sorry I took so long to reply)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of shimmerbronze shimmerbronze

@TWilliams wrote
I was recently accepted to Waterloo and the York Glendon campus for French Studies (and I plan on doing other languages too) but I'm stuck between both universities. I think Glendon would be a better choice because it is a bilingual campus and I would have the opportunity to practice speaking languages with other students but Waterloo also has a wide variety of language courses too.

Glendon, smaller campus. Better known.
You can take courses on the York Keele Campus as well.
You graduate with a bilingual degree.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

@shimmerbronze wrote

@TWilliams wrote
I was recently accepted to Waterloo and the York Glendon campus for French Studies (and I plan on doing other languages too) but I'm stuck between both universities. I think Glendon would be a ...

Glendon, smaller campus. Better known.
You can take courses on the York Keele Campus as well.
You graduate with a bilingual degree.

I think that I would be more comforatble studying at a smaller campus anyway,
Thanks for the info!
Was this helpful? Yes 0