yconic - Laurentian University or University of Toronto ???
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Laurentian University or University of Toronto ???

A photo of lisa0513 lisa0513
Hey,
So I need some help deciding whether I should choose to go to Laurentian University or University of Toronto for Forensic Sciences.
I know University of Toronto is more well known and high ranked, but I heard Laurentian University is the only "accredited university in Canada for forensic sciences".
Whereas University of Toronto has a max. of 200 people in a class, in Laurentian, they're only accepting 40 students so there will only be one class every year for forensics. I heard Laurentian is also more hands on while University of Toronto is more lecture-seminar based. But Laurentian is more expensive ): I'd have to live in residence (I live near University of Toronto so I'd be cheaper for me to go there). I think I like Laurentian more, but I want to make my parents proud and go to a more famous well known university :D.
What do you think?!?!

Other university options are Guelph, Trent and Windsor. Or I could study in the States but I'm limited on money.

THANKS!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
U of T.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kevinlated kevinlated
If you want to get a job directly after undergraduate then where you complete it may matter, I went directly to graduate school after my undergraduate.

-Going to a more famous well known university does not mean anything if you do not end up getting a good job.
Visit the campus see which one you like better, I do not know much about the forensics program so you would have to look into that, you can also email or call forensics labs/corporations and ask them about good places to complete your undergraduate.
Though in my opinion I think they will say it does not matter as long as it is accredited.
other then that: UoFT- is of course great for science...but depending on the campus you choose you may feel the lack of student teacher interaction in first year courses.
Guelph: is good for anything in the life science:microbiology,toxicology,animal&plant science, Bio-medical science(you get to work with real cadavers),Biochemistry,nutrition etc.

@lisa0513 wrote
Hey,
So I need some help deciding whether I should choose to go to Laurentian University or University of Toronto for Forensic Sciences.
I know University of Toronto is more well known and high ranked, but I heard Laurentian University is the only "accredited university in Canada for forensic sciences".
Whereas University of Toronto has a max. of 200 people in a class, in Laurentian, they're only accepting 40 students so there will only be one class every year for forensics. I heard Laurentian is also more hands on while University of Toronto is more lecture-seminar based. But Laurentian is more expensive ): I'd have to live in residence (I live near University of Toronto so I'd be cheaper for me to go there). I think I like Laurentian more, but I want to make my parents proud and go to a more famous well known university :D.
What do you think?!?!

Other university options are Guelph, Trent and Windsor. Or I could study in the States but I'm limited on money.

THANKS!

Was this helpful? Yes 0