yconic - Laurentian vs Ottawa
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Laurentian vs Ottawa

A photo of Jesso4 Jesso4
Hey all,
I'm trying to make an early decision between Laurentian University and uOttawa... and I'm stuck. I like both universities, and both have their pros and cons... But I'd like opinions! I'm wanting to go for a BA with specialization in Psychology.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I'd much rather live in Ottawa over Sudbury. U of Ottawa also has the better reputation. If size matters to you U of Ottawa has approximately 30,000 undergraduate students while Laurentian has 9000.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ECaz86 ECaz86

@Jesso4 wrote
Hey all,
I'm trying to make an early decision between Laurentian University and uOttawa... and I'm stuck. I like both universities, and both have their pros and cons... But I'd like opinions! I'm wanting to go for a BA with specialization in Psychology.

Hi,
I did my studies at Laurentien University and only have good things to say about my experience. I have a BA with a double concentration in Geography and History. Laurentian was very welcoming and the many services are always there to help. Since we're on the Student Awards forum, I'd like to mention that they had many Scholarships to offer. It really helped to finance my education. As soon as I had a question about an award, I would just drop by the Student Awards Office and they would be glad to help me out. They also have lots of on campus jobs, so I was able to work and not worry about having a shift during my classes because my boss understood I was a student. I hope this does help. I highly recommend Laurentian University!
Was this helpful? Yes 1

A photo of laxanklebreaker laxanklebreaker

@Jesso4 wrote
Hey all,

Well personally I love Laurentian. I left Toronto and could not be happier. I did my first degree at Laurentian and now am taking another part time. The school, campus, residences and student experience I do not think could be better. I loved my time at Laurentian so much that I officially stayed in Sudbury after graduation. The ability to get involved in so many different clubs, activities, charity events was even better, and that I didn't have to call my Professors Dr. This and Dr. That... they were Michelle, Steve, George and Dougie made it that much better; plus having them as references helped me get a job right after I graduated... actually even before my classes ended... I have been asked by a ton of my friends from high school if I ever had to make the choice again would I switch... never :)
Was this helpful? Yes 1