yconic - Laurier Acceptance
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Laurier Acceptance

A photo of KevinL KevinL
Hey guys, I am just wondering if Laurier will starting accepting students after semester 1 ends(not early acceptance). My grade 11 average was 85 so I won't be getting early acceptance, however my average after semester 1 will be 93+. I am just wondering if there is a chance Laurier will accept me after semester 1.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of g93 g93
Offers of Admission Cycles

In January, Wilfrid Laurier University will begin to extend conditional offers of admission to qualified applicants. The earliest admissions decisions will be based on the best five Grade 11 U and/or M grades. It is likely that additional conditions will have to be met at this early stage, including minimum grades in program-specific prerequisite course requirements.

The next round of admissions decisions, commencing late March through April, will be based on the best six of a combined final or mid-term Grade 12U, 12M and/or Grade 11U/M (final grade only) average. This average must include a minimum of three Grade 12U and/or Grade 12M final or mid-term marks. In all cases, applicants must meet, or be registered in, the specific Grade 12U course requirements for each program.

In May, admissions decisions will be based on the best six of a combined mid-term or final Grade 12U and/or Grade 12M average. In all cases, applicants must meet, or be registered in, the specific Grade 12U course requirements for each program.

Applicants who are not eligible for a conditional offer of admission based on a combined mid-term or final Grade 12U and/or Grade 12M average, may request to be considered again based on final Grade 12U and/or Grade 12M marks, provided space is still available in the program requested. Applicants who wish to be re-considered based on new final grade information must contact Admissions directly to request reconsideration if space is available.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
So in January they BEGIN early offers, do they continue to give out offers in February too? And early March? Thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of g93 g93

@s2saki wrote
So in January they BEGIN early offers, do they continue to give out offers in February too? And early March? Thanks

I can't tell you for sure, but I'm guessing that they will give out offers up until maybe February, as the deadline for Ontario applicants is Jan. 12 (I don't know about out-of-province/international) and then some people may still make changes up until Feb, so they will give offers to the ones with low-mid-high 90s up until then, and then they will wait until March-April to make the second round of offers which is your Grade 12 and 11 combined.
Was this helpful? Yes 0