yconic - Laurier Admissions to Communication Studies abd Bachelor of Arts
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Laurier Admissions to Communication Studies abd Bachelor of Arts

A photo of Sarapnickas16 Sarapnickas16
Hey, im a 5th year student in highschool and have my top 6 classes already done and completed. Ive got in to Sociology at Brock and am now waiting on Laurier. The grade range for both Communication Studies and BA Sociology is high 70s to low 80s. My final average in 79.3% Think I have a good shot at getting in to both or one of the programs? Im just a little worried because i would think i would get early acceptance...
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of allison123 allison123
I hope you do get in!
BUT - If you fill in the Laurier aps form even if you fall below 3% they'll still look at your admissions. you have until april 15th. it doesnt hurt and it's really simple to fill in! this would definetley increase your chances of getting in! goodluck
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of awaysheflew awaysheflew
I think you have a pretty decent shot at getting in, although you probably won't hear back from Laurier until after second semester mid-term grades are uploaded to OUAC. Also, like allison123 mentioned, fill out the ABS form (there's a link to it on LORIS).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of emm18 emm18

@Sarapnickas16 wrote
Hey, im a 5th year student in highschool and have my top 6 classes already done and completed. Ive got in to Sociology at Brock and am now waiting on Laurier. The grade range for both Communication Studies and BA Sociology is high 70s to low 80s. My final average in 79.3% Think I have a good shot at getting in to both or one of the programs? Im just a little worried because i would think i would get early acceptance...

Consider submitting an applicant background summary.
Laurier's typical admission average is 80 to 81 for arts.
For early acceptance you need to exceed the minimum accepatance range(above low 80s).
Laurier considers your first option and if u fail to meet those requirements they consider you for your additional program. However, your admission average is the same for both programs. You will 100% get in.

Accepted to:
Laurier-Sociology
Guelph-Sociology
Brock-Psychology
Grade 12
Was this helpful? Yes 0